Is Blue Iris compatible with Dahua IVS smart detection?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have all Dahua cameras, with tripwire, smart face, missing object, etc. detection. The features are built into the Dahua cameras and they work amazing with the NVR.

When I switch over to Blue Iris, will these features work with the blue Iris software to flag/mark the Blue Iris recordings in some way? I would be getting rid of the NVR bc it is not remote friendly for my current setup and too many software and bug issues.

The install location is the dense woods and motion detection doesn't work well for me. IVS works amazing with the rules and cross.

Thoughts?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The install location is the dense woods and motion detection doesn't work well for me. IVS works amazing with the rules and cross.

Thoughts?
It looks like BI's Motion Detection contains some features like "minimum object size" and "object must travel through multiple zones before I get alerted" which may help with reliability.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking of switching from my Dahua NVR to BI. I've got five Dahua cameras where IVS (mostly Intrusion Detection) is working perfectly -- false triggers are soooo rare, even on windy days where the sun hides/unhides rapidly. I'm nervous to see if BI can match that performance (without having to become a BI expert).

@hmjgriffon had asked Ken (BI's author) about seeing if BI could be updated to trigger recordings based on Dahua IVS alerts. I'm not sure how far they got with that.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ugh, trading one thing for another. Was really hoping Blue Iris had it's own IVS type system, but I guess that needs to be in the hardware and not in the software.

Maybe the BI motion detection is better then Dahua's. I was never able to get it to work well without false alarms. IVS has been very consistent once set up correctly. Searching the pages about @hmjgriffon question to Ken.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
false triggers are soooo rare, even on windy days where the sun hides/unhides rapidly. I'm nervous to see if BI can match that performance (without having to become a BI expert).
Its easy to make false triggers rare, the question is does it miss true motion...
You can also contact milestone to see if they implemented the ivs function, but i doubt it since its not passed via onvif...milestone is free for up to 8 cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was never able to get it to work well without false alarms. IVS has been very consistent once set up correctly. Searching the pages about @hmjgriffon question to Ken.
BI has something called zone crossing..similar to line crossing...moving from one motion detection zone to another....this can be customized and changed on the fly for day/night, home/away etc, by using profiles.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
ken never got back to me but using zone crossing sort of like tripwire it works pretty well for me, I don't get may false positives.

LAKSHMANCG

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the model number compatible for intrusion detection cameras.