Is Blue Iris Enterprise class, and can it integrate withMS Active Directory?

dmahadeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a freelance IT technician and come from a Windows Network Administrator background with over 20 years experience in 'Windows' networking. Because of my freelance nature and because over the last 5 years much of my clients have been small businesses, I have been exposed, and setup some basic IP Camera security solutions using Ubiquiti, HIK Vision and to a much lesser extent, Blue Iris. I am teaming up with another contractor who is working on a very large proposal to supply a raw material manufacturing concern with setting up: IP Security Cameras, Physical Intrusion Detection Systems (using IP cameras alarm triggering, face and number plate recognition, etc) and Building Access Control. The job may entail well over a hundred cameras at about 15 locations with distributed NVR Servers and SANs, all connected on a radio mesh network (also to be setup as part of the project). My purpose on the team is to deal with the IP Routing and connecting to the clients' Windows Network. So the questions are: 1) can Blue Iris Server integrate well with Windows Active Directory? Does it depend on the Widows Client computers to handle that and can the Users of the monitoring and viewing of the BI application be passed through to Windows and vice versa? 2) Is it enterprise class, similar to Honeywell, etc? 3) Can it integrate with other standards for fire and other safety alarms, etc?

Any advice welcome

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

Blue Iris is not really enterprise class. It doesn't integrate with Active Directory. Blue Iris has its own proprietary system for creating and managing users which only have meaning within Blue Iris.

Perhaps @fenderman could recommend you a VMS that will better suit those needs (100+ cams, Active Directory integration, access control integration, etc)

dmahadeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Blue Iris is not really enterprise class. It doesn't integrate with Active Directory. Blue Iris has its own proprietary system for creating and managing users which only have meaning within Blue Iris.

Perhaps @fenderman could recommend you a VMS that will better suit those needs (100+ cams, Active Directory integration, access control integration, etc)
Thanks for the response

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at at avigilon at the top end and dw ipvms Which is the North American reseller of nxwitness On the more affordable end. I would suggest paying for a membership at IPVM.com Were you can get more info on enterprise solutions and interact with integrators who have experience with these large installs

dmahadeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Take a look at at avigilon at the top end and dw ipvms Which is the North American reseller of nxwitness On the more affordable end. I would suggest paying for a membership at IPVM.com Were you can get more info on enterprise solutions and interact with integrators who have experience with these large installs
Thanks