Is it possible to setup BI to turn on/off IR on Hikvision cameras like the 2CD2432F?

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cameras like the DS-2CD2432F-IW have a setting under System -> Service -> Enable IR Light
And BI iOS has a button for IR on/off.

Is there any way to make BI iOS able to control the 2CD2432F's IR light?

Thanks!
PP

Reaction score
Re: Is it possible to setup BI to turn on/off IR on Hikvision cameras like the 2CD243

i am also interested in knowing if this is possible. could be a very useful feature.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Is it possible to setup BI to turn on/off IR on Hikvision cameras like the 2CD243

Yes, I can do this with my Hik 2032. Right click on the camera in BI> PTZ Preset>IR on/off/auto

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Thank you very much! I was not aware of this one. Works perfectly.

Yes, I can do this with my Hik 2032. Right click on the camera in BI> PTZ Preset>IR on/off/auto

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

What exactly does Smart IR does?

This camera is installed in a nursery and the IR LED is too bright (and visible/red). I prefer to keep it off 99% of the time and only manually turn on when needed.

Reaction score

it's supposed to be regulate the IR to just the right amount of ir according to your settings. I was originally turning the lights off and on like what you want to do then I found I either would forget to turn them off or on when needed so I set them back to smart IR

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I try this on a hik ptz and another, it turns auto mode into daylight and color comes back weakly. Doesn’t only turn off the ir light. Another setting I’m missing?
Thsts what it does, hold to enable auto mode.
You should never have to manually toggle ir.

Reaction score
I'm missing something. Turning off IR mode (day/night switch?) is different then turning off IR light mode. I sometimes don't want the "red" light showing where the camera is and to use the ir light from other cameras. BI doesn't have to do everything. But the title says on/off IR not day/night.
Thanks for the yesterday issue.
rob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm missing something. Turning off IR mode (day/night switch?) is different then turning off IR light mode. I sometimes don't want the "red" light showing where the camera is and to use the ir light from other cameras. BI doesn't have to do everything. But the title says on/off IR not day/night.
Thanks for the yesterday issue.
rob
Once again that is how blue iris does it. Want it to act differently, email support.