Is Live View Working Correctly?

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Nelly's Security (Hikvision) NSC-DB1 wi-fi video doorbell. It works fine with the mobile app Hik-Connect. I can view real time live images or it records to a micro SD card.

I just added the doorbell to Blue Iris and Blue Iris is recording the video feed fine. But when I look at the live view in Blue Iris, the image only updates every 5 seconds. It is not showing 12 FPS which gets recorded to both the micro SD card and the BlueIris computer.

Is a 5 second update normal for Blue Iris live view? If not, do you think the issue is that I'm running both Blue Iris and Hik-Connect at the same time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Nelly's Security (Hikvision) NSC-DB1 wi-fi video doorbell. It works fine with the mobile app Hik-Connect. I can view real time live images or it records to a micro SD card.

I just added the doorbell to Blue Iris and Blue Iris is recording the video feed fine. But when I look at the live view in Blue Iris, the image only updates every 5 seconds. It is not showing 12 FPS which gets recorded to both the micro SD card and the BlueIris computer.

Is a 5 second update normal for Blue Iris live view? If not, do you think the issue is that I'm running both Blue Iris and Hik-Connect at the same time?
Are you remoting into the PC using Windows remote desktop?

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you! That is much better!

I noticed another setting on that page for hardware accelerated decode. Mine is currently set to none. I have an Intel Core i7-8700K CPU. Should I change that setting to "Intel" or perhaps "Intel + VideoPostProc"? I do remember seeing a hardware decoding setting somewhere else in Blue Iris. I left that setting on "auto".

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you! That is much better!

I noticed another setting on that page for hardware accelerated decode. Mine is currently set to none. I have an Intel Core i7-8700K CPU. Should I change that setting to "Intel" or perhaps "Intel + VideoPostProc"? I do remember seeing a hardware decoding setting somewhere else in Blue Iris. I left that setting on "auto".
Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk