Is Lorax N881 a rebranded Dahua N54B3P?

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey

What's the deal with Lorax, are they just re-branding Dahua NVRs?

The N881 in the Costco 4K package deal for $1299 looks quite a bit like the Dahua N54B3P

Do Lorax products really suck as bad as everyone says? Am I right in thinking I should steer clear and get a genuine Dahua NVR?

Am I right in thinking both these NVRs have 320Mbps recording bandwidths? The Lorax specs say "network throughput" which is a pretty ambiguous term - since it doesn't specifically say "recording" or "encoding", etc. I'm wary of assuming that's what it means

Thanks for your help

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey

What's the deal with Lorax, are they just re-branding Dahua NVRs?

The N881 in the Costco 4K package deal for $1299 looks quite a bit like the Dahua N54B3P

Do Lorax products really suck as bad as everyone says? Am I right in thinking I should steer clear and get a genuine Dahua NVR?

Am I right in thinking both these NVRs have 320Mbps recording bandwidths? The Lorax specs say "network throughput" which is a pretty ambiguous term - since it doesn't specifically say "recording" or "encoding", etc. I'm wary of assuming that's what it means

Thanks for your help
Hi @AveryFreeman

Do check out the various Lorex threads here on IPCT.

Executive summary: lorex was purchased by Dahua, and many of the IP PoE / NVR kits you see sold are Dahua OEM without the IVS features.