Is my camera fried?

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got this no name 960P cam from Aliexpress last year.
IP Camera PoE 720P/960P/1080P(SONY IMX322) 25fps Anti Vandal Dome Camera IP Outdoor Indoor Vandalproof ONVIF 2.0 48V PoE CCTV-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Today, during the heatwave in Phoenix it started showing a bright pink spot on the right side. Black and white looks just fine, just the color is messed up. I measured the surface with an IR thermometer and it read 150F. Are there any camera out there that can withstand the Phoenix heat better or will 150F surface temperature pretty much fry any camera placed in direct sunlight? I have another identical camera somewhere else in the shade that's still working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got this no name 960P cam from Aliexpress last year.
IP Camera PoE 720P/960P/1080P(SONY IMX322) 25fps Anti Vandal Dome Camera IP Outdoor Indoor Vandalproof ONVIF 2.0 48V PoE CCTV-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Today, during the heatwave in Phoenix it started showing a bright pink spot on the right side. Black and white looks just fine, just the color is messed up. I measured the surface with an IR thermometer and it read 150F. Are there any camera out there that can withstand the Phoenix heat better or will 150F surface temperature pretty much fry any camera placed in direct sunlight? I have another identical camera somewhere else in the shade that's still working.

it looks like the ir filter may be stuck in mid position...how does it look at night?

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it looks like the ir filter may be stuck in mid position...how does it look at night?
Looks normal at night when it's black and white. I just went outside and used a flashlight to toggle the IR filter multiple times, still the same thing. I think part of the CCD might be fried. I'll replace it with something better or just change it to B/W full time.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turned out my IR filter is cracked. The Aliexpress seller is surprisingly helpful even 9 months post purchase. He will send me a replacement filter.

Attachments

Last edited: