Is NVIDIA hardware acceleration more reliable than Intel?

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm having TERRIBLE troubles with memory leaks due to the Intel drivers. My BI system is down to 1-2 days uptime before the system memory consumption goes to 100% and the machine locks up (its not BI's process; its completely unattributable to any process, so I assume its the intel drivers).

Is the NVIDIA hardware acceleration less prone to this kind of issue? Wondering if I should just pop in an NVIDIA GPU and use that instead. To that end, what is the recommended GPU for a 12 camera setup?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having TERRIBLE troubles with memory leaks due to the Intel drivers. My BI system is down to 1-2 days uptime before the system memory consumption goes to 100% and the machine locks up (its not BI's process; its completely unattributable to any process, so I assume its the intel drivers).

Is the NVIDIA hardware acceleration less prone to this kind of issue? Wondering if I should just pop in an NVIDIA GPU and use that instead. To that end, what is the recommended GPU for a 12 camera setup?
As noted in the other thread, you likely have another issue causing the leak. It is not intel drivers. Did you try the know good drivers in the wiki? I have never seen a memory leak in a haswell pc like yours. You seem to be the only person with this issue. I would recommend a clean install of windows using the media creation tool to remove all crap.
Nvidia is a power hog.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As noted in the other thread, you likely have another issue causing the leak. It is not intel drivers. Did you try the know good drivers in the wiki? I have never seen a memory leak in a haswell pc like yours. You seem to be the only person with this issue. I would recommend a clean install of windows using the media creation tool to remove all crap.
Nvidia is a power hog.
Yeah, none of the known drivers worked from the wiki. I did see someone else having issues related to Windows installing generic drivers in place of things like the SATA and chipset drivers, so I have already replaced those with their appropriate equivalents. However 8 hours of runtime has still seen ~10% ram go into the vortex that is Windows, so I guess a fresh install is probably the next step.