Is Pushover down?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is everyone getting their pushover images this morning for those using the API?

I am getting no images this morning. In the past I would get an occasional no image but it had settled down quite a bit and had been rock steady.

I rebooted the BI server, cleared the app cache, rebuilt the DB, DB maintenance, and still not getting the image, just the alert.

Any other ideas if yours is working?

When I log into the Pushover website, it says my phone was last synced 12 hours ago? Could that be something - but how do I get it to resync?

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is everyone getting their pushover images this morning for those using the API?

I am getting no images this morning. In the past I would get an occasional no image but it had settled down quite a bit and had been rock steady.

I rebooted the BI server, cleared the app cache, rebuilt the DB, DB maintenance, and still not getting the image, just the alert.

Any other ideas if yours is working?

When I log into the Pushover website, it says my phone was last synced 12 hours ago? Could that be something - but how do I get it to resync?
Yes, same problem here, no images came through with alerts overnight. Fingers crossed it comes back up on it's own quickly, but I haven't had time to investigate further.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I occasionally don't get images either. I'd say I don't get at least one a day. Alerts still come through. Images were working for me this morning at around 7am CST. But then I missed an image about an hour later but the alert came through.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Safe to say that it's common to have the occasional missing photo, but this was a long series of those (6 or so hours, about a dozen or more alerts in my case). Good news is that it appears to be back up as of a few minutes ago.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have had the occasional no image, but I haven't got any images today. I just tested again and still no image.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it appears that Pushover was having some issues this morning:

And from another tweet it looks like they go thru Cloudfare and looking that up, it appears many servers are being re-routed, so perhaps that is the issue?

Yet on their network status page it shows 100%

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not too worked up over this (especially considering the extremely low, one-time cost of the service), and in a sense, it's true that the system didn't completely go down: alerts still came across, but were missing the handy photo. Oh well, s#@& happens.

matt_pl

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone getting part of notifications with no image from Pushover - today and yesterday?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine has been working here the past two days.

I would assume similar to last time it is a local server somewhere that is down and affecting yours.

matt_pl

n3wb
Reaction score
Issues started one day after I switched from trial to full. Don't know if this is related or just a coincidence.
No response from the developer so far.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is local to you, then try a reboot of the server, clear the app cache, and if doesn't work, delete the app and re-add.

If you do all that and it still doesn't work, then it is likely a system/server issue on their end.