Is there a 3rd party viewing app for BI?

jman308

n3wb
Reaction score
I got a raspberry pi for christmas (w/ lcd) and want to use it as a BI monitor of my cameras. At the basics just cycle through the cameras. I know the BI web page does this, but not full screen that I've found. It has half of the screen taken over by the camera selection side and the red X's. It's also too fast for the cycle (3 seconds). Or ideally, I'd like it to cycle but focus on one camera with motion detection.

Was just looking to see if there was anything out there that does this kind of thing.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can set the cycle time AND favor cameras that are detecting motion by hitting the gear icon to the left of the ptz controls..

jman308

n3wb
Reaction score
awesome, now how do i get rid of the "cameras" section on the left and make the view the entire frame?

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Double click on the black area of the background and it will go full screen.

jman308

n3wb
Reaction score
i see there are some other htm files in the www folder. There's a camsonly which is closer, but quality is crap and shows all cams, doesn't rotate. Anyone hack one of the htm's?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i see there are some other htm files in the www folder. There's a camsonly which is closer, but quality is crap and shows all cams, doesn't rotate. Anyone hack one of the htm's?
you can adjust the quality...use gear icon to the left of ptz settings ..
you can also use the viewer created by bp2008

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why dont you just use omxplayer to pull the feed directly?

jman308

n3wb
Reaction score
i just ran across an article that suggested VLC. Testing on windows first with cmd line I was able to get them to rotate, although it's not as smooth in how it rotates and also wouldn't offer the "stay on this camera during motion detection. I'll take a look at this player. Although I'm surprised I can't just go full screen with just the video after selecting "all cameras cycle"