Is there a mask to get the trim back onto a HIKVISION turret?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a trick to get the trim back onto a HIKVISION turret?

Ok, I feel really dumb now, but I cannot get the round trim ring back on my turret camera.
It should just sit on and turn to the right (clockwise) but it won't budge.

Is there a trick to this?

Paul

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apologies for the bump, but I'm embarrassed that I cannot complete the installation.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Apologies for the bump, but I'm embarrassed that I cannot complete the installation.
You over tightened the screws when you mounted the camera to the surface its fixed to. SLIGHTLY losen the 3 screws that you put in to mount the camera, don't loosen them so much that the camera wiggles but loosen them just enough to let it drop ever so slightly away from the surface. That mud ring sits just slightly above the metal surface mount and when you over tighten the screws the ring can not slid above the mount and lock.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok went up the ladder in the Dark tonight and.... still cannot get the bugger on.
When I have a little more time and some daylight I'll take the camera off the Mount and do it down on the ground..

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Taken the camera down and tried it to no avail. The lugs on the cover are slightly scuffed, but nothing looks bent/broken. If I release the camera from the mount cover completely I can get it to go on, but other then that..

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't be embarrassed I did the same thing my first hikvision I sat their and messed with it for 15 minutes. Once I figured it out I felt like a jack ass. ;)

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't be embarrassed I did the same thing my first hikvision I sat their and messed with it for 15 minutes. Once I figured it out I felt like a jack ass. ;)
How did you resolve it as I'm still puzzled.