Is there a Milestone app?

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 5 cameras, can I use the free milestone and the android app or would I have to pay for this?
I tried to install Milestone on my win 10 machine earlier and I had an IIS error. Is it quite straightforward?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 5 cameras, can I use the free milestone and the android app or would I have to pay for this?
I tried to install Milestone on my win 10 machine earlier and I had an IIS error. Is it quite straightforward?
the mobile app is free...download and test..you obviously need to get the server installed as well..

kheiney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need Windows 10 Pro to install Milestone. Windows 10 Home will not work. Could be the reason for the IIS error.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
on the app how do I add a server - it says Add Server with ID - where do I get this ID from?
thanks

Also does this work ok as my pc/adsl connection is DHCP not static.

kheiney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use "Add Server Manually". You will need a to use a DNS service if you want to access away from home. Or setup a VPN for more secure access.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
on the app how do I add a server - it says Add Server with ID - where do I get this ID from?
thanks

Also does this work ok as my pc/adsl connection is DHCP not static.
Make sure your PC (milestone recorder) also has a fixed ip address. Allocate it yourself or reserve it in dhcp. You'll use this internal IP when you add the server manually in the android client and are using VPN.