Is there a way to cancel an export?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I mistakenly started an export before trimming it to the proper length. It looks like it's going to take all day to do the entire 4 hour clip. Is there a way to abort it?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You might be able to do it from the BI local console in the "Convert/Export queue" view of the clip list. If not, then probably the only way would be to kill the blue iris process, and that comes with a risk of clip db corruption, not to mention disk space waste as the partially exported video file would still exist on disk.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd also suggest cutting the cut/combine time down to one hour rather than four hours. It's much easier to scan a 1 hour bvr than a four hour, IMHO.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'd also suggest cutting the cut/combine time down to one hour rather than four hours. It's much easier to scan a 1 hour bvr than a four hour, IMHO.
Unless there is a technical reason to do so, I prefer to keep the combined clips longer so I don't have so many for the whole day. As it is, I now have 3 (up to) 8-hour clips. When I'm searching for an event in the clip, and I get to the end of it, I have to select the next clip from the list to proceed.

I tried to abort by using the console, no dice. It has a "remove from queue" option, but when selected, it says "must select a bvr file" Deleting it doesn't work because the file is open. I restarted the service and that nixed it. But with a 7+GB temp file, is there a way to go in and delete it?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The "technical" reason is easier management when reviewing and, as in this specific case, when a mistake is made when exporting. Additionally, if there is a corruption you stand a good chance of losing eight hours of video versus one hour. Do as you wish, this is only a suggestion which may make it easier in the end and a little more "bullet proof".

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The "technical" reason is easier management when reviewing and, as in this specific case, when a mistake is made when exporting. Additionally, if there is a corruption you stand a good chance of losing eight hours of video versus one hour. Do as you wish, this is only a suggestion which may make it easier in the end and a little more "bullet proof".
I appreciate the suggestion..