Is there a windows software that works like Tiny Cam pro?

hyde

n3wb
Reaction score
I love tiny cam pro and it's worth every penny, I just wish there was a way to get a similar software on desktop. It's a very powerful application and I really don't like having to check each camera's web page individually when I want to just take a quick look at my cameras. Sometimes phone is in another room, or out of battery, etc, I just want to take a peek at my cameras.

Is there anything like that I can use without paying too much?
Thanks!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smart PSS works with dahua cams and rebranded dahua.
iVMS 4200 works on hikvision and its derivatives

what camera are you using?

You're asking about blue iris in another thread, it also displays your cameras in addition to recording them.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could also install an Android emulator like "BlueStacks" or "Andy" and just use Tiny Cam Pro. I don't know how well it would perform though.

hyde

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tangent, thanks, yes I am considering BI but I am considering something that's not as full featured or costly for my laptop, for easy access in the office, etc.
I was thinking about using an old tablet but it's still not as convenient as using the laptop since I am on my laptop about 10 hours and it would be much easier to have a software handy just to view things. I will have to buy BI for my home PC anyway, also I am not sure if it's really safe to open all ports to BI computer to view it remotely. I know BI has really nice full featured web interface for remote access, I just don't know if my network is secure enough.

bp2008, checking those two, thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tangent, thanks, yes I am considering BI but I am considering something that's not as full featured or costly for my laptop, for easy access in the office, etc.
I was thinking about using an old tablet but it's still not as convenient as using the laptop since I am on my laptop about 10 hours and it would be much easier to have a software handy just to view things. I will have to buy BI for my home PC anyway, also I am not sure if it's really safe to open all ports to BI computer to view it remotely. I know BI has really nice full featured web interface for remote access, I just don't know if my network is secure enough.

once you use BI for your vms, you dont need anything else for your office laptop..there is a web interface you can use...just click on a desktop shortcut and you are good to go..and many computers as you wish..
as far as remote viewing and security you have the same issue with tinycam...in fact much worse if you intend to port forward the cams...use a vpn...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

There's also an android app for blue iris.

To securely access your cameras, the best option is to set up a VPN server on your network (on your router typically) to allow you access to your lan as if you were home.

klauscla

n3wb
Reaction score
I love tiny cam pro and it's worth every penny, I just wish there was a way to get a similar software on desktop. It's a very powerful application and I really don't like having to check each camera's web page individually when I want to just take a quick look at my cameras. Sometimes phone is in another room, or out of battery, etc, I just want to take a peek at my cameras.

Is there anything like that I can use without paying too much?
Thanks!

I am trying now ISPY for windows, it seems to work pretty well. A server/client solution is IVIDEON, a nice concept, but the stream go to their server/cloud