Is there another bracket that is recommended to attach to a building?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am putting up a cam on the peak of my garage. I am using the PFA120 junction box with the PFB305W attached to it. How is the best way to attach the junction box to the garage wall? Just use some screws or is there another bracket a person should use first? Thanks.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Type of screws depends on the material your screwing into. Just use the proper screws and screw straight into the garage wall.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the material you're mounting the PFA120 to is solid wood (not unsupported siding, wallboard, etc,), or plywood (and not a very heavy PTZ), I like to use the coated deck screws of the proper length. They cinch tightly and quickly, don't corrode, are cheap and you run in with a drill or driver with a Phillips bit. They grip the bit, too which helps when you're on a 16 foot ladder.

I buy boxes of 3 different lengths at Home Depot or Lowes.

That should be OK for a dome; if a heavy PTZ, I'd go with larger lag bolts and be sure to go into a solid stud on the top 2, the bottom 2 could go into plywood or OSB. Drill a pilot hole first, drive in with a hex- socket adapter that fits the head. Try hard to find the type with threads up to within 1/4" of the head.

DECK_SCREWS.jpg LAG-BOLT.jpg

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I used lag bolts but reinforced the wall that I screwed into also. I want to make sure the SD59225U-HNI is secure.
I just wasn't sure if there was another plate that attached to the wall for the junction box to attach to. It went smoothly and is on there pretty snug as I was hanging on the mount to test it. (Just kidding, I didn't really hang on it).