Is there any way to stop a Hikvision NVR from modifying settings on an ONVIF camera

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any way to stop a Hikvision NVR from modifying settings on an ONVIF camera? Mine keeps resetting the data rate on some of my aftermarket cameras, it doesn't matter if I set them up on the camera or the NVR, a couple days later it gets changed from 2500kbps to 64kps on the main stream. When I was running these cameras as stand alones, they never did this. It's really got me stumped!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the camera have the facility to have a non-admin user that would still allow the ONVIF discovery dialogues and access to the RTSP stream?

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does the camera have the facility to have a non-admin user that would still allow the ONVIF discovery dialogues and access to the RTSP stream?
They do have the option for a "viewer" account, I never even thought of that. I'll give that a try, thanks.

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So it turns out it was not the NVR causing the issue at all. After much trial and error, I discovered that the only thing in the logs for the camera which correlated with the reset was motion detection. Disabling motion detection on the cameras stopped them resetting their bitrate to 64kbps. It may be just the cheapo nature of these "Herospeed" cameras or some conflict with the NVR, but at least it's fixed now. I had originally used these cameras as stand alone units with SD cards int hem, but I no longer need that functionality.