Is there anyway to disconnect the POE cable from the Dahua cams?

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The huge POE dongle that attaches to the Dahua cams requires a huge hole to pass through stucco or wood fascia. Is the Dahua POE dongles made to be disconnected and reconnected for certain applications? I don't want to open up the camera if it is not advisable based on Dahua design.

Ideally I want to drill a tiny hole through stucco & fascia, feed Dahua POE cable through and reattach to camera, leaving the large POE dongle adapter for RJ45 on the inside wall.

Dahua-IPC-HFW4200SP-IP-Network-Camera.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oah thats nothing, you should see the other design with a giant box that requires a hole larger than an inch!

you may be able to disassemble the camera and disconnect the cable from the circuit board, im sure its a simple plug.. someone told me it could be done but I never have.

or install an outdoor electrical box, mount the camera to that and drill only a hole large enough to get a raw ethernet cable with no ends on it through.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Easiest way is to install a 4" round weatherproof box. Your hole only had to be big enough to feed you cat cable thru. That way if cam ever goes bad or anything, you can cover box with blank plate.