Is there better firmware for this cam?

Joe Usery

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a "Poetele 1080P 10000mAh WiFi Hidden Power Bank Camera with Motion Detection" and the firmware on it is somewhat lacking. I figure there is probably some compatible firmware out there, or perhaps some decent Linux tools that can access it directly. The hdminicam/p2plivecam mobile apps work ok with it, but I would really like a way to pull content off if the sdcard from Linux directly. The mobile apps can do it, so the camera is obviously capable of it, but the web UI doesn't have that feature. I'm planning on wiresharking the traffic from the mobile apps to try to reverse engineer it, but I have to believe this is not firmware specific to this one camera and someone else has already done this.

Some screenshots from the web UI:

-Joe

Ivashka

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I have the same question. My version is 1.9.8 E. The problem is that camera lost wifi connection every 8-12 hours. Hope that new firmware will solve this.

blueninja

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same page on my IP Camera but how do you know what the manufacturer and model are? After I get this then I can search for the firmware. Any good sites that either help you determine your model and/or provide valid (safe) firmware?

Angelodl90

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Ivashka, post: 390632, membro: 83973"]
Ciao! Ho la stessa domanda La mia versione è 1.9.8 E. Il problema è che la fotocamera ha perso la connessione wifi ogni 8-12 ore. Spero che il nuovo firmware risolva questo problema.
[/ CITAZIONE]

Ho una ip cam con lo stesso firmware
Come faccio ad aggiornarlo?

xcsp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, you can help me with a download link for a newer version of this software, at the moment I have ipcam 1.9.8 b, and it no longer works on the internet, it only works in a chain.
Thanks.