Is there such thing as a POE powered PIR activated IR Illuminator??

beek

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently picked up some indoor Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW camera's and have configured my Hikvision DVR to to use the PIR built into the camera's and just love it for my use case. I would like to use the PIR for my outdoor camera's and improve my false motion alerts especially at night. So, is there such thing as a POE powered PIR activated IR Illuminator?? In relation to using the PIR alerts on the NVR, is there a way to set it to record 5-10 seconds prior to it be alerted on.

Thanks for all the great info here... really appreciate it.

James

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When the IR lights come on on my camera, there's a brief whiteout of sorts while the camera adjusts to the new light source. If your IR light is motion triggered, I'd worry it would cause you to miss some detail. I could be wrong though, and I'd like to know how it works out for you if you try it.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If that pir sensor not triggers on pets is nice. My current night recordings are filled with cats. I must have all the neighbor hoods cats filmed by now :)

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you are using motion activated why not use white light as opposed to IR? Even in night mode the camera is still sensitive to visible wavelengths of light plus you have the added advantage of a casual observers eye being drawn to the sudden change in lighting. There are boatloads of inexpensive 12V PIR sensor lights that could be powered by POE using a converter. Building a PIR activated IR illuminator seems like an expensive way to cure a problem you don't have.