ISC West 2016 - Anyone else going

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else is headed to the ISC West conference and show next month in Vegas? Normally a pretty good time and am looking forward to it again!

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there an entrance fee? I wouldnt mind going to vegas even though we are planning ongoing in August sometime.

Nevermind found it, $90 if I get it now. Hate to pay that much for a part time job / hobby. It looks fun though...shit it's Vegas. I go to Vegas usually for one reason or another each year.

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there an entrance fee? I wouldnt mind going to vegas even though we are planning ongoing in August sometime.

Nevermind found it, $90 if I get it now. Hate to pay that much for a part time job / hobby. It looks fun though...shit it's Vegas. I go to Vegas usually for one reason or another each year.
It's a lot of fun, a massive show - some of the most interesting stuff sometimes is hidden in the smaller rooms off the main show floor. That's where they stash all the small no name companies and group them by country/region of manufacturing facility. I have a feeling I'll see the Huisun camera with 20 different labels on it in that room this year.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I might go. Looks like a lot of fun and some really cool stuff. Went to CES Show in Jan and that was a blast. Where do you stay? I usually stay at Downtown Grand.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I usually sTay at the Mandalay bay when I go. Maybe I can get my part time employer to pay for me to go lol.

@milkisbad are you going?

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mandalay bay.... too rich for my blood. Im usually in Hotel California or Downtown Grand in old downtownLV

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We usually have Some free rooms from comp, I like being on new strip better than downtown

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If they are free on comp thats a different story. :)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm in Vegas every few months on business. If I want to gamble during down time I stay at Palms or Planet Hollywood, however if I am going to be slammed with work and actually want to get things done in the evening I stay one block off the strip - behind the High Roller and just a quick walk from the best restaurant in Vegas - Battista's Hole in the Wall - but I'm staying at the IHG Desert Club Inn. Its an IHG time share property but it's full condo's for like $150 a night so if your in town several nights its more like "home" and you don't feel like your trapped in a 200 sq ft hotel room. Not to mention for ISC West its just a quick walk.

louman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a regular to ISE show and it's a pretty fun event to attend in my mind. Regarding the show cost, most if not all major companies in security space can offer free pass to their customers. I always use the email from Hikvision marketing and it only few minutes to register and get the confirmation. Check with your rep.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm a regular to ISE show and it's a pretty fun event to attend in my mind. Regarding the show cost, most if not all major companies in security space can offer free pass to their customers. I always use the email from Hikvision marketing and it only few minutes to register and get the confirmation. Check with your rep.
Awesome great advice.

If anyone here has free passes, please PM me.

Thank you, Steve

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Steve if I can get off work I am highly considering going, let me know if you are going.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any training classes offered at the convention?

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To anyone who is or isnt going... Any new vendors or interesting vendors you would check out? Im really thinking about going.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd like to check out the lts booth. @milkisbad. To bad your not going milkisbad Id like to offer dinner.

Going to just walk around and habe fun. I got a couple classes that I'd like to go to

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Booked my flight and hotel room last night. Coming in on the 5th and leaving.on the 8th. Any more days than that in vegas and I'm broke :)

I'd love to hang out with anyone who is going also