Ispy PTZ XML file issues

digityle

n3wb
Reaction score
hello, i am trying to access the zoom in/out functions on a Foscam R2 using Ispy's XML definition file, I've been beating my head against a brick wall trying to pass cgi commands through the xml file and i'm convinced it's my formatting because i know next to nothing about xml or cgi.

passing the command directly through a web browser works beautifully so i know i've got the correct command i just don't know how to format it in Ispy's XML

The command that works in a web browser:

What i have in XML:
<PTZSettings2>
<Camera id="0" AppendAuth="usr=admin&amp;pwd=mypass">
<Makes>
<Make Name="Foscam" Model="Dustin" />
</Makes>
<CommandURL>/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?</CommandURL>
<Commands>
<Center>command=25</Center>
<Left>command=6</Left>
<LeftUp>command=91</LeftUp>
<Right>cmd=&amp;ptzMoveRight</Right>
<RightUp>command=90</RightUp>
<Up>command=0</Up>
<Down>command=2</Down>
<LeftDown>command=93</LeftDown>
<RightDown>command=92</RightDown>
<Stop>command=1</Stop>
<ZoomIn>cmd=zoomIn</ZoomIn>
<ZoomOut>cmd=zoomOut</ZoomOut>
</Commands>
<ExtendedCommands>
</ExtendedCommands>
</Camera>
I've tried adding &amp; to the front of usr, i've gone so far as to remove all of it and just send the full "cgi=bin/command&usr&pass" on the <zoomIn> line but i can't get Ispy to do any movement, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

digityle

n3wb
Reaction score
so i managed to get it (sort of) working, now my issue is that Ispy doesn't seem to have a "stopZoom" command and the camera doesn't seem to have a stepped zoom, in other words hitting zoom in takes it all the way to 10x, zoom out goes all the way back to one. :( are there any options for a "stop zooming" command in ispy, or a way to add a delay then a "stop" after a zoom in xml?