Issue getting Funlux ZP-IBT15-W to be accessed via Blue Iris

jot1teg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 8, Funlux sPoE cameras on the Funlux NVR that I was able to connect to a computer that I setup as my Blue Iris Cam computer. I also have an old Wanscam PTZ cam accessible via the Blue Iris software as well and it operates very well. I then decided to buy some Funlux Wi-Fi cameras, model number ZP-IBT15-W, to add to my Blue Iris system of cameras. I have tried iSpy and ONVIF device manager to find the correct URL to use, but I can not get these cameras to be accessible via Blue Iris. They do have an IP address, which I set reserved on my DHCP server, I can ping them, and I can view them through the Zmodo website, but I can not access the web page of the device directly using its IP address nor determine what the URL settings I need. I keep getting access denied and yes, I have verified the admin password I am entering to be correct.

Has anyone had any experience with this particular model of Wi-Fi cameras, and if so, what can I do to get them setup to work with Blue Iris. If these cameras will not work from previous attempts by others, what brand and model should I buy. I only need to add the two Wi-Fi cameras to compliment what I already have working.

Reaction score
Run the nmap (for Windows, Zenmap) program against the camera, and determine if it has an Onvif port (usually 8999) open. If so, be certain the Onvif port number in Blue Iris agrees with the camera. If not, redefine the port number, then tell Blue Iris to auto-detect the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was anyone ever able to get these working with Blue Iris, I have four of them to get working.
there are two revisions of the camera...the newer model does not support third party software...toss them and start over, they are junk...

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 FunLux cams now that are connected to a NVR via POE, they are not junk so I assumed these would be equally OK for my modest home application. I can't return them because the box they came in was thrown away. I have seen posts where people have got these working via "rtsp"? Just a bit new and don't understand the lingo.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 FunLux cams now that are connected to a NVR via POE, they are not junk so I assumed these would be equally OK for my modest home application. I can't return them because the box they came in was thrown away. I have seen posts where people have got these working via "rtsp"? Just a bit new and don't understand the lingo.
1 - they are junk, you just dont know it yet.
2 - you never mentioned an NVR, you MAY be able to stream from the NVR..you will need to find the rtsp stream..
3- like i said there are TWO versions of the firmware...the later one does NOT support rtsp.
these cams should not be used for surveillance...cut your loses...80 bux is nothing..that is less then the price of a decent camera (100)..

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR was purchased earlier with 4 POE cameras, its only a 4 channel, not sure it will do more if wireless?

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I'd still like some input by others to see what options I might have.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you have no options if the camera does not support rtsp...it wont magically start working.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously, $80 down the drain?
Hi Zukdj,

Yes. $80 down the drain. AND just to be clear --- if this is a zmodo product it is NOT PoE. Seriously. No I mean seriously, you have been defrauded.

Welcome to Fraudulent Funlux / Zmodo products.

Absolute garbage of a brand and company. If you bought them recently return them, if they refuse to take it back open a complaint with your state's attorney's office and the market place where you bought them ( ebay, amazon ) as well as the payment processing company ( CC, paypal )

Get a copy of the Ad, and seriously do what you can to get your money back.

imho they should be sued for false advertising. I recently posted this iirc here in a zmodo thread title:

.. compare to a zmodo / annke / sannce / funlux "POE" system?:
All of those brands seem to like to deceive customers into thinking they are selling an affordable PoE security camera system, when in fact the system is NOT PoE and does not meet any PoE standards and is not compatible with IP cameras. Those are proprietary systems which once you read more about you will find they are back pedaling and then calling them "sPOE" - what they call simplified POE. They are clearly being fraudulent, thus I recommend avoiding them and getting something which meets PoE standards and allows you to plug in ONVIF spec cameras to the system.
Examples of fraudulent misrepresentation and/or deceptive practices:
  • Claiming NVR and cameras are POE, when it is not - look for terms like sPoE and simplified PoE.
  • Claiming system is 1080p, when the NVR is capable of displaying to a 1080p monitor/TV but only able to handle 720p cameras.
  • Claiming system is 1080p, upon closer look you notice "1080p lite" - which does not meet 1080p standards. Typically look for less fps. ( frames per second )
  • Inferring that the system is 1080p by using the term 1080N, noting that 1080N = 960×1080=1036800 pixels vs. 720p = 1280x720 = 921600 vs 1080p = 1920x1080 = 2073600
  • Claiming cameras are IP cameras, but you will notice that the cameras only work with their branded "NVR", and may in fact be analog cameras for all we know.
  • Claiming system is digital, using banking level security, and secure vs an analog system which is not secure. Absolute BS, from companies which will not hire enough talented software engineers.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try this config below. It's working on a Zmodo 4 channel NVR with 4 of the Zmodo ZP-IBH15-S1 cams with sPOE that look like the image below.
The second image is the config that works. Leave camera number at '1' for all 4, only the cam's IP address is different for each cam.

Zmodo_ZP-IBH15-S12.jpg

Zmodo_ZP-IBH15-S1_config.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 8, Funlux sPoE cameras on the Funlux NVR that I was able to connect to a computer that I setup as my Blue Iris Cam computer.
See my suggestion above, it may work on Funlux. Here's a screenshot via TeamViewer today of the working, 3 year old installation at a friend's home.

BI_Zmodo_120417.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Zmodo cams above are 'sPOE' as in 'simplified' I guess. The power is about 19VDC and is not on pins 4&5 (+) and 7&8 (-) as 'genuine' POE expects. Early versions had an RJ-45, later ones a micro USB. I would never recommend these cams, I hooked up BI to a set of 4 and NVR a friend inherited. One out of the 4 failed after about 2-1/2 years but was replaced about 4 months ago. My friend paid $50 for one on eBay, as Zmodo refused to honor their so-called 3 year warranty, their support and sales ignored all e-mails.

Best to return if at all possible; if not, they can be made to work as configured above.

Last edited:

zukdj

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, mine are totally wireless ZP-IBT15-W, no reset. I have the IP addresses and can get to them with the ZMODO app however not in BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine are totally wireless ZP-IBT15-W, no reset. I have the IP addresses and can get to them with the ZMODO app however not in BI.
Every device connected to your network has an IP address that doesn't mean it's providing an rtsp stream

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Understood however I was told these we compatible with Blue Iris, I guess that was a lie.
Like I said there are two versions of this camera some are some are not... The NVR Maybe.... Why don't you try what was suggested to you and try to connect directly to the NVR and stream each camera feed from the NVR