Issue using LastPass to login to Dahua cameras

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm trying to use LastPass to store my login/password for each of my cameras. It doesn't seem to work for this. Each time I try to login in, it fills in the user name and password, but when I hit the "Login" button, it says the information is incorrect and I have 4 login attempts remaining. Have any of you been able to get LastPass to work with your cameras? Thanks

radionerd

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to use LastPass to store my login/password for each of my cameras. It doesn't seem to work for this. Each time I try to login in, it fills in the user name and password, but when I hit the "Login" button, it says the information is incorrect and I have 4 login attempts remaining. Have any of you been able to get LastPass to work with your cameras? Thanks
Mine does similar, Chrome loads a 4 digit PW, My PW is 12 digits. Password works OK in FireFox.

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
I've noticed this myself using multiple password managers. I haven't had time to look into it, but I suspect that the login form field names have changed in the 2019 firmware releases. I just manually copy and paste the password for now. Bottom line, you're not crazy, it's a real thing. :)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Multiple accounts for the same site does this for me too with LastPass. It’s almost as if after you select the details you want to use from the list it then reverts the details to the previous it had last used.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

These cameras don't seem to issue security certificates so I guess LastPass doesn't recognise it as authentic login page

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not the certificate but probably more related to the JScript code building the login box.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, it's good to know I'm not alone. My camera passwords are lengthy and complex so it's a PIA when I need to log directly into the camera. If any of you find a way to get it working, please post it. Thanks!

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After it fills in the fields, try adding a space or other character then backspace it out. Do for both fields. Sometimes the websites don’t notice the auto fills and assume they are still blank until the field is activated.