Issue with AlienDVR App

Brad-Pea

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

Hoping someone can give some input regarding an issue I have with a customer.

They have a DVR unit and use the AlienDVR app to access the cameras. Historically access has been permitted via port forwarding and access both internal and external works via Dynamic DNS.

Customer has recently swapped phones. Downloaded the app and configure as per previous set up.

When on WiFi at location this connects fine, but if you drop to mobile data the app will present an incorrect username / password prompt and the cameras do not display. Drop back to WiFi and all works so clearly not a credential issue.

I have checked the phone and can confirm mobile data is on and active. Also the app has been granted access to mobile data.

Initial testing:

Tethering another mobile device and the affected device connecting via WiFi works without issue. So not bound to on location connection.

Old phone connects without issue (they are using the existing SIM card so this rules out any carrier blocks ?)

Another device never connected before was able to connect without issue.

Previous phone was an iPhone 5, affected phone is an iPhone SE

Anyone come across anything like this before ? Currently stumped as to what the issue could be ! I would assume the phone at fault but why work with anything other than mobile data?

Mobile data seems fine for all other apps, browsing etc.

Open to trying another app to see if this works if anyone has experience connecting other apps to an AlienDVR system.

Thanks.