Issue with Amcrest IP8M-2496EB after BI5 upgrade

Roger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a IP8M-2496EB that is exhibiting strange behavior after BI5 upgrade. It was working reasonably well on BI4. Behavior is that is doesn't seem to stream. I get a picture, the clock is stopped and eventually (5 seconds or so) if gives me a no signal message and then the page gets refreshed and the process starts over. It is working in Tinycam and the web page for the camera. RTSP stream is working in VLC using the same parameters that are configured in BI. Anyone have any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a IP8M-2496EB that is exhibiting strange behavior after BI5 upgrade. It was working reasonably well on BI4. Behavior is that is doesn't seem to stream. I get a picture, the clock is stopped and eventually (5 seconds or so) if gives me a no signal message and then the page gets refreshed and the process starts over. It is working in Tinycam and the web page for the camera. RTSP stream is working in VLC using the same parameters that are configured in BI. Anyone have any ideas?
Have you tried deleting/re-installing cam in BI, rebooting cam & PC, etc.....the usual?

If so and still no joy: Under cam, properties, video, config, what dropdown (Dahua, generic/ONVIF or ???) and path (RTSP H.265, H.265, MJPG, MJPEG4 or ??) are you using?
A screenshot would suffice.

Roger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting/re-installing cam in BI, rebooting cam & PC, etc.....the usual?

If so and still no joy: Under cam, properties, video, config, what dropdown (Dahua, generic/ONVIF or ???) and path (RTSP H.265, H.265, MJPG, MJPEG4 or ??) are you using?
A screenshot would suffice.
I was so frustrated with high CPU issues after the upgrade that I uninstalled BI5 and started over from scratch. Have done all the other things several times.

Attachments

Roger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was so frustrated with high CPU issues after the upgrade that I uninstalled BI5 and started over from scratch. Have done all the other things several times.
Just added it as a generic ONVIF and it is doing the same thing.

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Roger - did you get it to work? I've got the same cam. Your working ip config screen shot would help me a lot

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Roger - did you get it to work? I've got the same cam. Your working ip config screen shot would help me a lot
disable smart codec in the camera. IF that does not help disable hardware acceleration and test.