Issue with BI ghosting or something

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I love my BI but I can seem to get it to stop ghosting on this one camera. It's a Sunba 805-D20XB P2P. I have a i7 Devils Canyon and a Samsung Pro SSD on a great Ultra M.2 MB. I have plenty of processing power and this will do this even if it is the ONLY camera running (I have 25 camera's no issues with them).
I have my setting set off the " Optimizing Blue Iris CPU Usage" page here. Tweaking the encoding helped some on this camera.
Thanks in advanced for your helps.

Here are two video's of the issue.
The video on the left is straight from the camers IP addrerss and the one on the right is Blue Iris.

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I love my BI but I can seem to get it to stop ghosting on this one camera. It's a Sunba 805-D20XB P2P. I have a i7 Devils Canyon and a Samsung Pro SSD on a great Ultra M.2 MB. I have plenty of processing power and this will do this even if it is the ONLY camera running (I have 25 camera's no issues with them).
I have my setting set off the " Optimizing Blue Iris CPU Usage" page here. Tweaking the encoding helped some on this camera.
Thanks in advanced for your helps.

If you have “Direct-to-disc” enable on this particular camera try Re-encode…”

This is the only way I found to correct the same problem with SWNHD-820CAM cameras.

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did have it on Direct to Disk and changed it to Re-encode. Same results after change.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If that is a live view, D2D won't be involved. Does the camera use h264 encoding or something else?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well if you post your settings, maybe @fenderman will notice. Both BI and camera.

The only thing I can say is did you increase the receive buffer under video>configure to 20MB? But I am just guessing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
does the camera have an iframe interval adjustment? And increase the receive buffer as noloc suggested.

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes the I frame has a setting from 1-12 and was set at 12. I adjusted to 2 to see what it will do. No change was observed. Still ghosting (if that's the right term) bad. The buffer was already at 20mb.

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The FPS goes from 1 to 25 the Iframe goes from 1 to 12.
I'll try and see what it does.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The FPS goes from 1 to 25 the Iframe goes from 1 to 12.
I'll try and see what it does.
if matching does not work, simply keep dropping it and see if it works at any setting...set the fps to 20 then drop the iframe one at a time..
also, ensure that hardware acceleration is disabled for that camera..

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The only thing that worked was the acceleration disabled. But it was late last night. Then I see a 4.6.0.4 version with a Sunba update! Thanks for the help.

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do you turn off acceleration on just one camera? I get almost double the cpu usage with it off on all my camera's. But with it on the Sunba camera still ghost's.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Camera Properties - Video - change H.264 HW decode to NO. (Lower right side of page)

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have “Direct-to-disc” enable on this particular camera try Re-encode…”

This is the only way I found to correct the same problem with SWNHD-820CAM cameras.

I just came to remember that I have also change the “Network IP camera configuration”

The SWNHD-820CAM is suppose to be the equivalent of "Hikvision", but this setting = ghosting
upload_2017-9-12_12-24-40.jpg

I have also trying all "Swann" combinations and = ghosting

This-is my working settings "Generic"
+ “Find/inspect”
+ “Re-encode…”

csshih

n3wb
Reaction score
I just set up a new system last week with intel hardware encoding and I'm getting the same sort of ghosting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just set up a new system last week with intel hardware encoding and I'm getting the same sort of ghosting.
what have you done to remedy it..there are threads explaining what to do...what cameras?

csshih

n3wb
Reaction score
apologies for not going into detail and thank you for the response.

I5-6400 system, dahua starlight cameras. Generic RTSP, increasing buffer to 10MB.. will report back. hardware acceleration is still on at this time but I'm also trying to figure out a 99% cpu utilization problem. the cpu and ram usage will be up to 99% after a day or two.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
apologies for not going into detail and thank you for the response.

I5-6400 system, dahua starlight cameras. Generic RTSP, increasing buffer to 10MB.. will report back. hardware acceleration is still on at this time but I'm also trying to figure out a 99% cpu utilization problem. the cpu and ram usage will be up to 99% after a day or two.
What cameras?
Your cpu problem is a bad intel hd driver causing a memory leak..search the forum for memory leak, there are threads to links for the proper driver...