Issue with IPC-HDW5231R-ZE camera

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I am having my 1st major issue with my 9 HDW5231R-ZR cameras. I have one camera that all of the sudden it goes offline every couple minutes for 60 secs or so then comes back on. This has been verified on NVR, Computer and with ConfigTool. I have rebooted, I have switched ports on the POE Switch and even tried a new cat6 cable. It is annoying. All cameras are at version 2.622.0000000.23 R Build Date 2018-03-30.

Could it be that the camera is rebooting?

I have a spare camera that I was going to export the config from the camera which has the issue but I can no longer export configs from any of the cameras. Not sure if that is a user issue or camera issue. I just go to system tab import/export. It does not show any path in the tab. The seemed to work before, but I can no longer export from any cameras.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

M

version.png

Last edited:

Rksgrd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unplug the ethernet cable and see if you still receive responses from pings. Verify there aren't any weird auto maintenance settings configured.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I now have verified that it goes off line every 65 secs. I am assuming bad camera hardware.

M

Rksgrd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's possible. Have you tried a factory reset?

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I replace camera all is working fine. So I noticed today another camera is now going off line every 65 secs. I tried everything including put the back up POE Cisco switch in and still the one camera goes offline every 65 secs. The replaced and all other 7 cams are working without issue. WTF.... I have no clue what to try now...

M

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was searching for the factory reset thread...

M

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok tried factory reset and still goes offline every 65 secs. I even left it at the default 192.168.1.108 IP and it still did it. Going to order a few more cameras. All my cameras are running the same version of firmware, all hooked to the same POE Cisco switch, but 4 some reason some fails with an issue of going off line every 65 secs. Weird thing is that this all started when I added the DB11 Dahua doorbell. Going to take it off line but I really would be surprised if this had any effect.

M

Update - NOT THE DOORBELL !!

Last edited:

Rksgrd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Strange problem you have. Is the switch able to provide enough power for your cameras?

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried that also. Put a 2nd POE switch in with half of cameras same result...

M

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I replace camera all is working fine. So I noticed today another camera is now going off line every 65 secs. I tried everything including put the back up POE Cisco switch in and still the one camera goes offline every 65 secs. The replaced and all other 7 cams are working without issue. WTF.... I have no clue what to try now...

M
You need to isolate the issue, by first connecting the cameras one at a time to a switch and pc only and see if the problem persists. If it does, then swap the switch. Ensure you are testing with good short cables.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
TY Fenderman. I did exactly that last night. Camera with issue all by itself and the issue was still there. The good news is when I did a hard reset to factory default and import the configuration file, the camera has not gone off line yet. fingers crossed. The bad news is when I tried this on the 1st camera that had the issue that I replaced it bricked. I had one spare so I have a working system without a spare. I will have order a couple more spares from Andy.

M

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
TY Fenderman. I did exactly that last night. Camera with issue all by itself and the issue was still there. The good news is when I did a hard reset to factory default and import the configuration file, the camera has not gone off line yet. fingers crossed. The bad news is when I tried this on the 1st camera that had the issue that I replaced it bricked. I had one spare so I have a working system without a spare. I will have order a couple more spares from Andy.

M
Something else is going on. Multiple bad cameras is almost impossible. Try powering over 12v and connecting to PC.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will do that next time. I have a 12v 1.5a Power Supply I can try. You are thinking it is POE power related?

Don't have any cameras with issues at the moment, only the bricked one. It is a mystery to me how reseting to factory default and restoring the config file would fix the camera with this issue. But I keep an eye out for any issues. And try running with power on a standard ethernet port.

Thanks again.

M

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will do that next time. I have a 12v 1.5a Power Supply I can try. You are thinking it is POE power related?

Don't have any cameras with issues at the moment, only the bricked one. It is a mystery to me how reseting to factory default and restoring the config file would fix the camera with this issue. But I keep an eye out for any issues. And try running with power on a standard ethernet port.

Thanks again.

M
Possibly. I dont know.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2 POE switches. One is 84W and one is 124W. My power budget for HDW5231R-ZE 10W max each. The reason I purchased the Cisco SG300-10MP was that I ended up installing 8 HDW5231R-ZEs & 1 HDW5631R-ZE. Power was over 100% of budget. I now left both switches in system and have split the load between the 2 switches. No issues since I reset to default the 2 cams that were going off line. Unfortunately I did the changes at the same time and did not isolate the issue. My bad, but it is working so I will leave alone until another issue.

M

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 POE switches. One is 84W and one is 124W. My power budget for HDW5231R-ZE 10W max each. The reason I purchased the Cisco SG300-10MP was that I ended up installing 8 HDW5231R-ZEs & 1 HDW5631R-ZE. Power was over 100% of budget. I now left both switches in system and have split the load between the 2 switches. No issues since I reset to default the 2 cams that were going off line. Unfortunately I did the changes at the same time and did not isolate the issue. My bad, but it is working so I will leave alone until another issue.

M
These cameras draw 2-4w...

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow the specs called for 8.5 watts. Good to know. Thanks

M

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just for an update don't know if it relevant, the 128 GB SD Card is bad in the first camera to have issue.

M