Issue with remote viewing

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All (fenderman you listening!)
My BI has been working great for some time, I have the updates etc. It runs on it's own machine and works great. The issue I have is that I had been able to use the remote viewing (had stunnel as well) and it worked great. I changed ISP's a while back and had not tried remote viewing in a while. I had a dns set up and did the port forwarding but it will not connect. The interesting thing is that BI says I have one IP for instance xxx.xxx.142.0 and when I check the what'smyip I get the same one but when I check it in the router under DNS server I get like xxx.xxx.144.15. Do you think that is the issue or am I missing something?
Thanks!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought a new router. I setup the BI app on my android phone with no issues. My wifes iPhone however will not connect. The tunnel is working fine. I can reach my router and the BI web access with no issue on her phone. Through the app no go. Any help would be appreciated.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Let me better clarify that message. I bought an Asus AC3200. I set up VPN accounts for my family for remote access to the BI server. The tunnel is working on my android device but not the Apple devices with BI. The tunnel works otherwise on the Apple devices. Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me better clarify that message. I bought an Asus AC3200. I set up VPN accounts for my family for remote access to the BI server. The tunnel is working on my android device but not the Apple devices with BI. The tunnel works otherwise on the Apple devices. Any suggestions?
did you enter your local ip for both the lan and wan options in the mobile app?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just found that fix. Thanks fenderman. Works like a charm. You da man!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This Asus is really nice. I like it much better than the netgear it replaced.

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having problems with the Blue Iris Web server function. In the web server part of the application add blue Iris to the UPnP and I am able to access my cameras on the web and on the mobile app for a short period of time, and then it drops the entry and the only way I can get it to work is to reenter it again. I have had to do this a number of times to be able to view my cameras. I have port forwarded ports 80 and 81 on my router but it still does not resolve this problem. should I check to see if any unreserved port opens and use that one? Blue Iris tech said that my ISP could be blocking ports, possibly the lower ones. any suggestions would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having problems with the Blue Iris Web server function. In the web server part of the application add blue Iris to the UPnP and I am able to access my cameras on the web and on the mobile app for a short period of time, and then it drops the entry and the only way I can get it to work is to reenter it again. I have had to do this a number of times to be able to view my cameras. I have port forwarded ports 80 and 81 on my router but it still does not resolve this problem. should I check to see if any unreserved port opens and use that one? Blue Iris tech said that my ISP could be blocking ports, possibly the lower ones. any suggestions would be appreciated.
have you tried user much higher port numbers? 8085?
also note that port forwarding is not secure..consider vpn..there is a thread explaining how to setup.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bought an Asus AC3200 Router to VPN in to my server. Works awesome. Supports Android and ios devices. Very secure and no port forwarding to get in. You can shut UPnP off securing your network. Great investment for my BI server.