Issues connecting Swann SWDVR-85000 in Blue Iris

Kosmos5457

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am after some help or advice here on how to get up and running with a Blue Iris set up. I note first that I am attempting to run this in a VM hosted using ESXi so my machine spec may be rather minimal here. For purpose of testing, the specification of the machine shouldn't be an issue as there are connection issues here rather than anything to do with performance.

Location 1: No cameras at this location, Mac Mini running ESXi and Windows Server 2012 R2 VM with Blue Iris installed. From here I want to be able to connect into and access/manage cameras in two remote locations. On a fibre broadband connection, 50Mb/s DL/1024Kb/s UL. Should be about 10Mb/s but due to a problem on the line, upload is poor for the moment.

Location 2: I have a Swann SWDVR-850004 (think the 4 indicates number of cameras with the kit) This unit is using BNC connected cameras. DVR has been set a static IP, I have DynDNS account and can access remotely via the Swann Web Interface and the mobile application. I think I am quite happy with my list of forwarded ports. Fibre connection, about 35Mb/s DL/10Mb/s UL.

Location 3: I have a Trendnet TV-IP572P camera also that I want to monitor in Blue Iris. Same goe here with the Trendnet Web interface and the mobile application. Slow connection here, standard broadband line of 2Mb/s DL/512Kb/s UL.

I would suspect it is something to do with my settings, parameters possibly and is why the connection is not happening. I keep seeing no signal, or IP connection refused messages, HTTP various errors of numbers. I have tried various settings and have also tried with the Swann cameras locally and still having issues.

Ideally, what I am looking to achieve is to be able to view all my cameras across sites from one central location. In addition to this, if I can record and hold an off-site copy of recordings from the Swann camera's, then I would be most happy.

Any advice or help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Niall

Kosmos5457

n3wb
Reaction score
I've made some progress, camera in Location 3 is working on the machine in Location 1. Just need Swann DVR set up in Blue Iris now, if that is at all possible. Not sure what settings are not quite right. Any help would be appreciated. This is the difference between me buying the software or leaving it be once the trial has expired.