Issues on fps Setup

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set up the max rate of all my 5 cameras to 15 fps

Cameras properties->Video-> Max. rate ->666666[15.00 fps]

But when I check this on next day the value was different , higher than 15 so I changed again next next different number, I did this last 5 days I need same help here.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I set up the max rate of all my 5 cameras to 15 fps

Cameras properties->Video-> Max. rate ->666666[15.00 fps]

But when I check this on next day the value was different , higher than 15 so I changed again next next different number, I did this last 5 days I need same help here.
that is done automatically and does not change the actual fps coming from your camera...it is not a setting you can adjust..if you check the fps coming from the cam it should be 15.

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that is done automatically and does not change the actual fps coming from your camera...it is not a setting you can adjust..if you check the fps coming from the cam it should be 15.
@fenderman I need to change FPS on my cameras setup?

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am having a similar issue and that is when i set the Stream rate on my foscam FI9900p main page to 720 10fps it will change back to Hd 1080p 30fps on the camera, I also tried to select user defined under stream on the main foscam page and changed the settings under video, Video settings, but each time the camera defaults back to 1080 setting, I did notice that if i disable the camera in blue iris the Foscam will keep the new settings but as soon as i enable it on blue iris it changes it back. I tried the setting in blue iris under camera properties Video, Max Rate and selected 10000000 (10fps). I also tried Camera config, Configure button, Video and changed camera to 2 to see if that might select a substream but no luck. i know under my mobile app i use, i can select sub streams from the camera but i can not find something similar in Blue Iris, something is auto adjusting the settings i change . I am trying to minimize the impact on my system until i can get another pc, i have disabled direct to disc and other tips i found on here but im hoping to drop some camera frames for now since my pc is 96 to 100% when recording 3 or 4 cams and runs 76% to 86% normal, If some one can tell me what im missing i would appreciate it,

i have a I5 650, 3.20Ghz, 8gb Ram, Windows 10, 14 cams total , 8x 1080p, 1x 720, 5x 640x480 (older cams) cams All Foscams
Thanks
Billy

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I am having a similar issue and that is when i set the Stream rate on my foscam FI9900p main page to 720 10fps it will change back to Hd 1080p 30fps on the camera, I also tried to select user defined under stream on the main foscam page and changed the settings under video, Video settings, but each time the camera defaults back to 1080 setting,
You are making the changes in the camera's web gui "settings", not the "Live Video" main page, right?

. I tried the setting in blue iris under camera properties Video, Max Rate and selected 10000000 (10fps). I also tried Camera config, Configure button, Video and changed camera to 2 to see if that might select a substream but no luck. i know under my mobile app i use, i can select sub streams from the camera but i can not find something similar in Blue Iris, something is auto adjusting the settings i change .
The settings in Blue Iris will not have an effect on FPS, that page reflects what frame rate the cam is currently streaming. All video settings regarding resolution, frame rate, etc. MUST be done in the cam "settings".

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
TonyR, I tried both just to make sure, But if i disable the camera in blue iris i can change and save the settings and they dont change but as soon as i enable it in blue iris it changes the settings back for some reason after a 30 seconds, I go into Settings/Video/Video Settings then under main stream i change it to user defined 720p, Bit 4m,10 fps,30 key, rate CBR

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
TonyR, I tried both just to make sure, But if i disable the camera in blue iris i can change and save the settings and they dont change but as soon as i enable it in blue iris it changes the settings back for some reason after a 30 seconds, I go into Settings/Video/Video Settings then under main stream i change it to user defined 720p, Bit 4m,10 fps,30 key, rate CBR
Sorry, not sure what's going on, Does cam has latest firmware?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Foscam has issue's with BI because they aren't totally compliant with ONVIF. They are a camera make to stay away from.
Read the wiki at the top of the page for help in optimizing BI.
Disabling direct to disc makes things worse, not better.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that is impossible...blue iris does not change or affect the foscam camera settings..fyi you want to enable direct to disk not disable it as you stated...
you can solve this entire issue with a 100 dollar 3rd generation i5-3570 pc...

Last edited:

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
i linked a video to see if i can show what is going on, i had to use my phone to record the monitors but what it shows is the camera "side house pool" disabled, then i goto my camera and change the settings to user defined again and save, then i show the camera working with new settings, after 30 seconds i go over to Blue Iris and enable the camera and just as i pan back over you see the camera switch back to the default 1080, its not the best example but i hope its enough to show whats going on

Dropbox - Example problem.mp4

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i linked a video to see if i can show what is going on, i had to use my phone to record the monitors but what it shows is the camera "side house pool" disabled, then i goto my camera and change the settings to user defined again and save, then i show the camera working with new settings, after 30 seconds i go over to Blue Iris and enable the camera and just as i pan back over you see the camera switch back to the default 1080, its not the best example but i hope its enough to show whats going on

Dropbox - Example problem.mp4
blue iris does not and cannot change the camera resolution....
the camera may simply be responding to a new login and would respond the same way if your tried logging in via browser again or does this when it sends a new stream which would happen if you streamed to something like vlc....

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
I disabled camera in blue iris and open the camera up in one browser, logged in and changed the settings to user defined 720, waited a 30 seconds and open another browser and nothing changed, both showed user defined 720, When i re enabled the camera in blue iris both cameras changed back to 1080 mode

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I disabled camera in blue iris and open the camera up in one browser, logged in and changed the settings to user defined 720, waited a 30 seconds and open another browser and nothing changed, both showed user defined 720, When i re enabled the camera in blue iris both cameras changed back to 1080 mode
there is something that the camera is responding to...blue iris cannot change the cameras resolution.

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
ok i figured this out for anyone else that might have this odd issue, i went in to the camera properties in blueiris for my Fi9900p and went to /Video/configure/ and i changed the model from the default model c1/c2/r2/r4/fi9802/3/4/5/18/20/21/26/28/31/35/990x to c1/c2/r2/r4/fi98xx/990x RTSP and it stop changing the resolution, If i had to guess ...that something with the login using the RTSP might have made a difference. It takes longer for blue iris to login and get the feed but seems to be working for now,
Thanks to everyone for all the help
Billy

Last edited:

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
there is something that the camera is responding to...blue iris cannot change the cameras resolution.
I've got the same problem with Foscam C1 V3. Well, the same thing happens with C1 V2 also, but they let to edit the "HD" profile in V2 so I can change the frame rate in this profile, and camera remembers it. They made profiles non-editable in V3 all except one, "User-defined". The only way you can change frame rate is to change it in the "User-defined" profile then select the profile as active. But it only works until camera is reconnected. If I close the browser then log in to the web interface again, the camera switches back to "HD" profile. I tried a different software. Got same result. Same thing happens if the camera is connected via WiFi and the connection has timed out because of radio interference say, from microwave oven. Or in case of power drop. Or whatever what causes the camera to reconnect. The only solution for me so far is avoid C1 V3. Version 2 is fine. I hope they will never get this crazy idea to make web interface with V2 same as V3. If they do, I will stop upgrading V2 and will look for ways to roll back. (I only buy C1 because of their nice looking casing - they don't look like cameras but like something more human friendly).

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
Or whatever what causes the camera to reconnect. .
I took another experiment. I made sure nothing was connected to the cams and Blue Iris service was at manual start and was stopped. I turned power down then up in all of the house, which means all of the routers and cams got re-started. Then I accessed Foscam C1 V3 with the browser plug-in, and I found all the video settings the same way I left them. I mean I still got 10 fps. It appeared my previous statement was wrong. Camera does remember the choice. So this was Blue Iris alone that was to blame. Something is wrong about the way it connects to the cameras. It causes the cameras to switch to the "HD" mode in the video settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I took another experiment. I made sure nothing was connected to the cams and Blue Iris service was at manual start and was stopped. I turned power down then up in all of the house, which means all of the routers and cams got re-started. Then I accessed Foscam C1 V3 with the browser plug-in, and I found all the video settings the same way I left them. I mean I still got 10 fps. It appeared my previous statement was wrong. Camera does remember the choice. So this was Blue Iris alone that was to blame. Something is wrong about the way it connects to the cameras. It causes the cameras to switch to the "HD" mode in the video settings.
or it can be that the camera is changing the fps based on the stream blue iris is looking for...you can test this by pulling the exact same stream via vlc...
the solution is to avoid foscam...they are crap. This does NOT happen with any other camera i have ever used with blue iris. Blue iris does not actively change the cameras fps, it is NOT sending a command to change the fps. That is fact.
if you believe this is a blue iris issue, why dont you email support?