Issues with Hikvision two way audio using NVR and IPC with IS function

Tespinosa

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having issues getting two-way audio set up. I using a Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI and have this connected to DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras. I've wired the speaker as follows. RCA to Camera audio via splicing the RCA into main wire and ground. This goes to my amp then to a speaker. I'm pretty sure I have it wired correctly. Mic works perfectly. Just can't talk.

I'm using IVMS-4200. However, can't speak to IPC. When I select "start IP two way audio" I'm receiving error:
Failed to enable voice talk Error HcNetSDK dll[605]

I also wired the speaker thru NVR and chose "start two way audio". I get the same error message and the MIC just broadcasts the sounds received from the microphone.

I've been reading countless threads, and getting mixed messages as to if this is even possible using the NVR. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Really appreciate any help. This one is driving me crazy.

billgovols

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. I'm trying to enable sound on my DS-2CD2142FWD-IS. I bought an ETS ML1-SF (non-powered) microphone (from microphones.com) and wired it into the "in" side of the green block. It works fine. (I can hear it on HIK-VISION Live View and Blue Iris.) I bought an inexpensive speaker to produce sound at the camera location, but I can't get sound output to work at all. I've tested the speaker by wiring to my iPhone; it works fine albeit not very loud. But when I connect the speaker to the camera it's totally silent. Thinking perhaps the sound out from the camera should go to an amplifier, I've tried that too. Nothing. Hopefully the fact that HIK-VISION makes sound possible means someone has gotten it to work. Maybe that someone will look in this forum...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. I'm trying to enable sound on my DS-2CD2142FWD-IS. I bought an ETS ML1-SF (non-powered) microphone (from microphones.com) and wired it into the "in" side of the green block. It works fine. (I can hear it on HIK-VISION Live View and Blue Iris.) I bought an inexpensive speaker to produce sound at the camera location, but I can't get sound output to work at all. I've tested the speaker by wiring to my iPhone; it works fine albeit not very loud. But when I connect the speaker to the camera it's totally silent. Thinking perhaps the sound out from the camera should go to an amplifier, I've tried that too. Nothing. Hopefully the fact that HIK-VISION makes sound possible means someone has gotten it to work. Maybe that someone will look in this forum...
You do need an amplifier. You may have not properly connected the amp/speaker.

billgovols

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a mini-stereo jack wired to the "in" side of the camera's audio connection, and connected my microphone's mini-stereo plug to that jack. This worked perfectly. Then I moved the mini-stereo jack to the "out" side and connected a mini-stereo cord from my amplifier. I got the usual hums and pops as the plug seated, but no sound from the speakers afterwards, despite turning the volume way up. (I know this cable and plug are good because I can plug it into the mini-stereo jack on my iPhone and get sound on the amplifier's speakers.) What am I missing?

Tespinosa

n3wb
Reaction score
I think application might be possible if you had a cam using Blue Iris and connected directly to a PC. However, I found controlling two way audio in a out through the NRV isn't an option. I do hear sound, but I gave up on two way audio.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I dont know why but the ivms-4200 can play two way to any camera but only if i use the hik-connect account.If i try to speak to a camera direct with the local ip in ivms-4200 setup, taking this error.(Failed to enable voice talk)