Issues with VCA options on new DeepInView Bullet

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a new DeepInView DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS8 firmware 5.5.62 build 181106 intending to use it as a dedicated LPR. After plugging and playing it into my NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P firmware 4.1.1 build 171107 I've been bench testing it for the last several days. The issue that I have ran into is my NVR is not showing a smart event option of road traffic / vehicle detection and the hikvision web browser GUI is not allowing my camera to come up as a option under the VCA cameras. My other cameras appear in the pull down box under VCA but my deepinview does not. I've been trying to figure this out on m own for the last several days and cannot think of any other options. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does it show up using the camera's web interface?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Under the vehicle detection option in the cameras interface I get a error message stating "the camera does not support the action" . Unfortunately I am at work currently and I cant remember off of the top of my head if the roadway traffic option is available under VCA. I guess I should have double checked that too. I'll have to wait till I get back home

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe it needs a specific firmware to activate that feature. Where did you get it from?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Purchased it from a online retailer from England who I have used for the last 3 years with no issues at all. I'll be in contact with their tech support if I cant resolve the issue here

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does it show up using the camera's web interface?
Just got home and checked the cameras web interface and it is not shown there either. I do not have a VCA option on the side bar and vehicle detection is not in smart events.20190315_132334.jpg 20190315_132334.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have a VCA option on the side bar and vehicle detection is not in smart events
The user manual does not seem to provide any detail on this - but I wondered if this was implicated :

With H.264+/H.265+ enabled, some functions are not supported. For those
functions, corresponding interfaces will be hidden.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The user manual does not seem to provide any detail on this - but I wondered if this was implicated :
I dont think I have enabled either of those yet. I'll have to try those options. Thanks for the idea

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update:

Alaistarstevenson you were correct and I could kiss you! H.265+ was enabled by factory settings. I disabled h.265+ and left video encoding as h.265. And just like that, the camera restarted with the road traffic option now appearing. Thanks for the help! I havent seen any posts / reviews on this forum of these deepinview cameras yet soI'll be posting a review of the camera and my set up as soon as I get it situated20190316_001955.jpg

Reaction score
It's been a bit, so you're either an expert or you quit using the camera. Any tips for using smart events? I'm having issues triggering in smart events, but road traffic works (not well at night at all).

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's been a bit, so you're either an expert or you quit using the camera. Any tips for using smart events? I'm having issues triggering in smart events, but road traffic works (not well at night at all).
What are you intending to use the camera for? I have only used it as a LPR, which has worked flawlessly, mounted in a tree, for over 5 years now.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go to System, System options, VCA and change VCA source to traffic, upon rebooting you should have new options

Reaction score
What are you intending to use the camera for? I have only used it as a LPR, which has worked flawlessly, mounted in a tree, for over 5 years now.
I’m only using it as an LPR, and on road traffic it works okay, (triggers, sends emails, etc) but since it’s looking at a small traffic circle it needs to capture traffic from multiple directions. It seems to miss vehicles that look very clear when I pause the video.
So I switched to smart events and created the region box in the middle which would in theory work better. However, it’s just not triggering despite rebooting, checking the email box, etc. Doesn’t show in the log either.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m only using it as an LPR, and on road traffic it works okay, (triggers, sends emails, etc) but since it’s looking at a small traffic circle it needs to capture traffic from multiple directions. It seems to miss vehicles that look very clear when I pause the video.
So I switched to smart events and created the region box in the middle which would in theory work better. However, it’s just not triggering despite rebooting, checking the email box, etc. Doesn’t show in the log either.
Multiple directions? Meaning what? One camera is meant for two lanes. That can mean two lanes going in the same or opposing directions.
Provide a diagram or picture of what your trying to capture.

Reaction score
Here’s a link with all the pics: