It's up and running! Hikvision and Milestone

tywest

n3wb
Reaction score
I have successfully replaced my analog big box samsung pos system. I replaced it with an Intel i5 NUC running Milestone Xprotect Go. I think I have come a long way since this is all new.

My problems I have run into:

On the client viewer why can I not view the live stream in 16:9? I'm thinking it has to do with my resolution setting...

I am able to view the cameras from the web client on another computer on my local network. I want to be able to view the cameras from an off network remote computer. How do I do that?

I want to use the ios app to view the cameras from my home network and from remote on the cellular/other wifi network. Im not sure how to configure this along with my router settings. I am using an Apple Airport router.

That's it for now. I have added some pictures of my set up.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice install!
To view remotely you will have to either port forward or set up a vpn..

tywest

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been searching for info on port forwarding. Any idea where I can get info on that? The searching I have been doing is not working the greatest.

tywest

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I did it, but I did it... Milestone is now working on my phone while on my network and off of it.. I stumbled through the port forwarding procedures and managed to make it work.. Awesome! Thanks.

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To OP/ or the Guys who knows the answer:

May I ask where did you get those mounting plates that you used to mount those cams unto the shingles?
When I first saw them I though they were just custom made flat panels. I just realized that they are really flushed and looked cool.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.