iVMS-4200 - Camera Order

Sam Patel

n3wb
Reaction score
We have recently had new camera's installed on site. They have replaced some old analogue camera's.

The site now consists of New Digital Camera's and still some old Analogue camera's.

The engineers have installed new software to view these cameras. This being iVMS 4200.

All camera's have been named, an example would be No.1 Main Entrance. The only problem being, the list of cameras which are shown on the left hand side of the screen are not in the order which they should be. They are all mixed up. An example of this would be No.5 Camera showing the top of the list.

Is there a way of putting these cameras in order?

Kind Regards

Sam

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm no expert, so this is "best guess" level info. Hopefully a genuine expert will chime in. First you need to determine if ivms4200 is getting the images direct from the cameras or via the nvr. In either case, I believe the order of listing the cameras is the order they were added as devices, either in ivms4200, or in the nvr if the images are coming to ivms4200 via the nvr. The solution is to delete the cameras from the device list and re-add them in the order you want, either in ivms4200 configuration, or in the nvr configuration.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Non-expert advice as well. Check out this video. It looks like there is a way to stop the live view of the cameras and then add them back one-by-one in the order that you want.

Sam Patel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. Im afraid didnt help. I have two systems running on two different computers running from the DVR and both have different lists.

jfjunior

n3wb
Reaction score
We have recently had new camera's installed on site. They have replaced some old analogue camera's.

The site now consists of New Digital Camera's and still some old Analogue camera's.

The engineers have installed new software to view these cameras. This being iVMS 4200.

All camera's have been named, an example would be No.1 Main Entrance. The only problem being, the list of cameras which are shown on the left hand side of the screen are not in the order which they should be. They are all mixed up. An example of this would be No.5 Camera showing the top of the list.

Is there a way of putting these cameras in order?

Kind Regards

Sam
Hi, this is what you have to do to change the order of your cameras within IVMS-4200. It worked for me, I hope it helps you and others too.

- From within ivms-4200: Close the Main View Tab
- Go to device management
- Get a screen shot of the cameras you have there, so if something goes wrong you can see they way they were setup initially.
- Select and delete all the cameras, except one: In my case I only have 3 cameras, so I deleted two and left only the one I wanted to be number one.
- Import the cameras back, in the order you want them to appear in the Main View
- Note: You may want to rename the cameras one by one, as you import them. I renamed mine as "01-DriveWay", "02-FrontDoor" and "03-Backward"

I hope it helps.

upload_2017-1-23_21-10-30.png

upload_2017-1-23_21-13-43.png

upload_2017-1-23_21-17-25.png

Attachments