iVMS-4200 causing Abnormal Shutdown?

inforlonghaul

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got a curious situation here. One of our NVRs (out of 5) has been giving us some periodic Abnormal Shutdowns the past couple of weeks. It started back up out of the blue and I'm not certain why.

We had this same situation about 6 months ago but determined it was likely the result of a network issue as we plugged it into a less congested switch and the issues stopped.

Fast-forward to now, and the issue has happened twice over the course of three weeks, once on Feb 17 and now on March 3. The only possible thing I can come up with is iVMS possibly as we recently upgraded it to 2.7.0.6 on Feb 6th.

We keep our cameras pulled up 24/7 for monitoring, and the logs, which obviously doesn't reveal much, but the major difference I've noticed is that the new IVMS constantly logs in and out of the NVR like every 5-20 seconds. Before the upgrade of iVMS, the logs showed it only logging in and out about every 5 minutes.

Could this be putting strain on the CPU of the NVR? Is there a way to adjust the frequency of this logging in and out issue.

My next step may be to uninstall the new IVMS and revert to an older version. Any thoughts or suggestions?

nvrlog.jpg