iVMS 4200 Client Software on Windows 10

adamb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using the iVMS 4200 Client Software on Windows 10 and get an annoying prompt titled "User Access Control" (UAC) every time I try to run it. After I agree to the prompt's question everything works fine, but it is important to me to prevent this prompt from appearing.

Is there a way of configuring the Client Software so that the prompt doesn't appear? (I don't want to just turn off UAC completely, because that is a security risk on the PC.)

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance

Adam

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
iVMS requests/requires administrative privileges to work properly. There is no way to make exception rules for which programs must abide by UAC and which ones can't. (That would be a security risk) You must either have UAC On or off. You can try to adjust the slider lower and see if that program no longer prompts for administrative rights, but other than that you're going to have to end up turning it off completely. Turning it off in and of itself is not a security risk, it's just shaving off a small layer of protection. As long as you aren't downloading anything shady and are conscious of where you are browsing, it's not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamb

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.

I was hoping that there would be a way of giving the app the privileges it needs permanently, so that it doesn't have to prompt for them.

Alternatively, perhaps the app could be configured so that it no longer needs these privileges. For example, it currently writes captured images to a special folder in the root of the c: drive but that is unnecessary.

Do you know what it's using its admin permissions for? I can't in imagine why it would need them.

Thanks again

Adam

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The changes you suggest are typically handled at the developer level and is not something the end user can change. If I had to guess, the network scanning tool built in (show online devices, equivalent to the standalone SADP program) is the culprit. Probing the network to identify other devices out there is generally going to to require admin rights for rather obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using the iVMS 4200 Client Software on Windows 10 and get an annoying prompt titled "User Access Control" (UAC) every time I try to run it. After I agree to the prompt's question everything works fine, but it is important to me to prevent this prompt from appearing.

Is there a way of configuring the Client Software so that the prompt doesn't appear? (I don't want to just turn off UAC completely, because that is a security risk on the PC.)

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance

Adam
Many Years later ------ but, I'm using Win 10 and followed this advice: Create elevated shortcut to skip UAC prompt in Windows 10 and it worked.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.

I was hoping that there would be a way of giving the app the privileges it needs permanently, so that it doesn't have to prompt for them.

Alternatively, perhaps the app could be configured so that it no longer needs these privileges. For example, it currently writes captured images to a special folder in the root of the c: drive but that is unnecessary.

Do you know what it's using its admin permissions for? I can't in imagine why it would need them.

Thanks again

Adam
You need admin rights for windows services that ivms4200 start after u run client. If u find a way to make them permanently in run status, u might solve your problem