iVMS-4200 for Windows --- how do you rename a camera?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you go through the setup wizard in iVMS-4200, you have the opportunity to rename cameras.

After you exit the wizard, I can't find a way to do that... so I have a list of cameras named "IP Camera01," etc. Those are the names used in every context in iVMS-4200.

If you look in the main camera config panel, you can change the cameras' network and protocol settings... but not the name used elsewhere in the system.

This is not a big deal, I can re-do setup and rename the cameras in the wizard... but I'd like to know if it is possible to do after initial setup.

Attachment shows the main camera config panel with the thing I want to change highlighted. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

funkadelic

n3wb
Reaction score
got to Main View->Device Management and you should be able to select the cameras and click the "modify" button

E8500WIN7.png

funkadelic

n3wb
Reaction score
no worries, i renamed mine recently as well so I remembered all the poking around I did. Hikvision and "intuitive" don't go together :)

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this is old but I just bought an NVR from Hikvision. When I add the NVR to IVMS I don't include each camera it all is visible via the NVR. The problem is in the NVR I can't see anything to change the name of the camera. On the left hand side it says NVR_IP Camera01 --- I would rather name it like Kitchen or Front Entry so its more meaningful?

Thanks!
Neil

carpii

n3wb
Reaction score
On the left hand side it says NVR_IP Camera01 --- I would rather name it like Kitchen or Front Entry so its more meaningful?
I just spent ages trying to find this too. You need to go into Group Management, the in the right list, select the camera and click the Modify button

StefanB

n3wb
Reaction score
An anologue camera gets done here.
Leaving this here for my own peace of mind. Do analogue rarely enough that I have to go looking every time.
*edit out really bad English

1630914871717.png