iVMS-4200 needs a different username or password?

m.fielding

n3wb
Reaction score
iVMS-4200 finds my NVR-216-E/16P and IPC-D220-IZ, as does SADP.

However, after I Add them it says that they're Offline and hovering over that text says the password is incorrect: "Incorrect password. You still have 4 chances. Please try again".

I'm using the same user 'admin' and the same password that I use to log into their web UIs - what am I doing wrong?! They're both on the same subnet as the computer I'm using. I've tried creating a new Operator user with all the rights enabled, that doesn't work either. I think I've disabled Windows Firewall and anyway given iVMS-4200 all firewall access.

PS one of them says 0 chances - do I have to turn it off then on again to get that counter to reset?

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like a firewall issue if you are getting 'Incorrect password'.
When you first installed iVMS-4200 it prompts you for a super user account. Check that account has the same username and password as the NVR.
Edit it to match the NVR credentials and delete the other accounts in case they are auto-logging in. Keep us posted.
upload_2019-6-29_19-12-30.png

m.fielding

n3wb
Reaction score
StewartM, thank you, especially for taking the time to send the screenshots... but the user and password on iVMS were always the same as the NVR and every other camera. I've double and triple checked them and I can log in to the NVR or any other camera with the same credentials I used to login to iVMS. The screenshot below shows the same NVR is online via CloudP2P / Hik-connect, as is one of the cameras... but there's the error message explaining why it's supposedly offline.

Any further ideas please? (Anyone?)

Last edited:

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, might be firewall then. I had a similar issue when I upgraded to iVMS-4200 v3.1
Try this. Open the command terminal in Windows as administrator.
upload_2019-7-1_22-27-55.png

Then paste the following at the prompt (right click>paste):
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Allow iVMS-4200 Port 8000 Access" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=8000 program="C:\Program Files\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 Client\iVMS-4200.exe" enable=yes profile=private
upload_2019-7-1_22-31-13.png
Provided iVMS is installed in the same place on your PC you should get a 'Ok' reply. Amend if not.
This will add a firewall rule to allow iVMS inbound TCP traffic on port 8000.
upload_2019-7-1_22-34-39.png
You could also open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and setup the rules manually as above.
Try this and let me know if you have any luck.

m.fielding

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you again. I don't have that .exe file actually, I think because in 3.1 they introduced a more distributed system of .exe's and changed some exe names. In any event I would expect to get a request from Windows Firewall to allow anything through, and I still had the problem even when Firewall was turned off.

I just found some install instructions which said that you need to install as an Administrator (right click, choose run as Administrator) which I don't think will help as Windows asks whether to run it as admin before it does anything. I rate that as a 1% chance. After that I'll try opening port 8000 in Windows Firewall, just for good measure.

I will also try older versions (2.8 and Lite 1.0.0.4) to see if they work - this should determine whether it's iVMS 3.1.x or the NVR and cameras. My money is on at least one of those versions working.

I found that the SADP Tool still works to change IP addresses, it doesn't seem to be having any problems at all. And BlueIris works, but doesn't seem to have playback functionality unless it recorded the footage itself.

m.fielding

n3wb
Reaction score
Do add to the mystery, I followed the instruction in that post I mentioned just above (to install iVMS that came with the Hiwatch NVR) and it still didn't work.

I've now got a couple of Hikvision (NOT Hiwatch by Hikvision) cameras and they work perfectly in iVMS. I even tested one on the same network cable as one of the Hiwatch cameras which doesn't work - so my conclusion is that something in the Hiwatch firmware on the cameras and NVR is deliberately detecting iVMS connecting, and returning a false 'wrong password' error.

I've also found that adding Hikvision cameras to the NVR with the Hiwatch protocol (the NVR doesn't have a Hikvision protocol option) fails due to - get this - a 'wrong password'! But... I have found the Hiwatch NVR works perfectly with the Hikvision cameras by selecting the ONVIF protocol. It even allows configuring motion detection, OSD, scheduled recording and so on. So effectively I've got the Hiwatch NVR working with the Hikvision cameras now.

I'm contemplating getting WinPCap installed to try to understand why iVMS is rejected - perhaps it's sending some sort of identifier which could be stripped out.

m.fielding

n3wb
Reaction score
That returns the following:

HTML:
<AdminAccessProtocolList xmlns="http://www.std-cgi.com/ver20/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
<AdminAccessProtocol xmlns="http://www.std-cgi.com/ver20/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
<id>1</id>
<protocol>HTTP</protocol>
<portNo>80</portNo>
</AdminAccessProtocol>
<AdminAccessProtocol xmlns="http://www.std-cgi.com/ver20/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
<id>2</id>
<enabled>false</enabled>
<protocol>HTTPS</protocol>
<portNo>443</portNo>
</AdminAccessProtocol>
<id>3</id>
<protocol>RTSP</protocol>
<portNo>554</portNo>
</AdminAccessProtocol>
<id>4</id>
<protocol>DEV_MANAGE</protocol>
<portNo>8000</portNo>
</AdminAccessProtocol>
</AdminAccessProtocolList>

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad you came right.
On a side note, I've been looking into the issue a bit more and I suspect the problem is with the server side application.
upload_2019-7-8_1-49-25.png
When iVMS-4200 v3.1 is installed several processes are added that need the SSDP discovery service.
upload_2019-7-8_1-59-28.png
upload_2019-7-8_2-2-29.png

I'll update as I narrow the issue down.

cosimo74

n3wb
Reaction score
any news for this problem? I've a ip cam safire, same problem om hik-connect and diret access eg:192.68.1.XX user e password error. By cloud is ok.