ivms-4200 sms stream media server setup

Isriam

n3wb
Reaction score
i have stream media server working with ivms-4200 client, but how do i access the streams from another pc on the LAN? I thought the SMS was so you could not have to access each cam, but go to the SMS and it would pull streams for you. Anyone have help configuring this?

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is really confusing, but you need to add cameras on your second PC the same way as was done on the first one (add Encoding Devices, then configure Streaming Media Server and check all cameras), you will then see that the streaming server has more outgoing connections than incoming ones. Restarting ivms client app can help too.

Isriam

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm running both on the same PC. I have the ivms4200 client viewing cameras via the streaming media server. my problem is adding another device (cell phone) to view the streaming media server streams.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can't use SMS via cell phone. SMS can be used only through another iVMS4200 on another PC.

Isriam

n3wb
Reaction score
ah thats the asnwer i was looking for then. that kinda sucks, what other options do i have for making a streaming server thats viewable remotely? I have 2 cams and i dont want people going directly to the camera streams. i would like a rtsp server of some kind to pull the streams and then i only have to manage port forwarding for 1 device on my network, not every camera. thanks.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many end clients you will have? The right application for you was iVSM4200 PCNVR software, but unfortunately Hikvision stopped developent of this software.