IVMS-4500 Connection Failed

thorn2fish

n3wb
Reaction score
I have three HikVision Turret Cameras (all same model). When attempting to access them via the IVMS-4500 software from an iPhone or iPad via the Internet, two add just fine and I can access all the functionality for them. One however will not connect. I have added and double checked the port forwarding (multiple times/deleting all and re-adding). Same for IVMS-4500 Device definitions.

Camera Server port mapping added to D-Link Virtual Server port forwarding:
External Port Internal Port Internal IP
8001 8000 x.x.x.211
8002 8000 x.x.x.212
8003 8000 x.x.x.213

uPnP turned off on both router and cameras.
Two cameras, including the one that won't connect, were at a lower firmware level, and the third at a higher level. I went ahead and upgraded the problem camera to v5.3.0 the same as the other at the higher level. Didn't help.

The problem camera connects just fine inside my home network.

Router is a D-Link DIR-810L.

I'm pulling my hair out. Any suggestions?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you see all cams on your nvr when you login from a computer?

thorn2fish

n3wb
Reaction score
Update. I wasn't planning on enabling the standard browser access, but thought I would enable it just for a test. I get the same result as iVMS. The connection times out on the same camera. I can access the other two via a browser just fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
post an image of your camera network settings page.

thorn2fish

n3wb
Reaction score
blake, Thanks for the quick reply! I didn't read your first reply thoroughly. Here is what I should have said. I use the NAS functionality of the cameras to store video so I do not have a dedicated NVR. Yes, it is true, to view and playback video I have to logon to each camera individually, but that is understood and intentional.

thorn2fish

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman, Thanks for responding as well! Are you wanting the TCP/IP or Port page? The ports (below) are set to the default on all three cams. Kind of an ugly paste job, but see if it shows what you are looking for.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your default gateway is not filled in.

Should be whatever your Dlink's/router's IP address is.

if that doesn't work, see if your dlink is connected to a second router or router/modem combo which also has to be port forwarded.

thorn2fish

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, egg on my face. I've worked with IP enough I should have caught it. I missed entering the gateway on that camera. Entered and that fixed it. All three working now.
Thanks Everyone!

santreddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

This thread seems to be ended in 2015. But some how am giving a try.
Well, I have been using my iPad app (iVMS 4500) to check the cameras which was installed in India (Home) and am living in US. Have been trying to access the cameras but it says connection failed even though I gave all the config details correctly.

Can somebody help me here, please?