ivms-4500 Error Code 8200 - DS7608NI-E2 with DS-2CD3145F-I

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i have got a DS7608NI-E2 Rekorder (english Version) with 5 cams. One of the cams is a DS-2CD3145F-I with V5.3.3 bought from aliexpress.

When i connect directly to the cam with the Internet Explorer it doesnt shows me a video, but the Plugin is activated.
the Rekorder directly accepted the cam an Records it with 4MP and 15fps. So thats ok.

But when i try to connect to the Rekorder with the ivms-4500 App it only shows me the second stream which is very bad quality. When i switch to the first stream it tries to connect and After a while it says ERROR CODE 8200.
anyone knows this issue? Cant Upgrade the cam cause its chinese then.
that Problem exists with iPhone and ipad.

Sry for for my Bad english. I am German.

edit: Resolution changes on the cam doesnt work at all

Last edited by a moderator:

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
image.jpegimage.pngimage.png

I did and restarted cam. But same error Code :/
i also tried to change the Resolution to 1080p.

edit: i find out, that when i directly connect to the cam with the App ist works! So this issue is just when i connect over the Rekorder. :/

edit2: Got the same problem when i try to connect via ivms-4200 or via firefox on live view from the recorder. Every time it only shows me the "bad stream". When i choose the playback mode it shows me the fullHD stream. So the recorder records in fullHD but in live view it shows second "bad" stream EVERY Time. Recorder has latest firmware V3.4.0. Build 150929

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The latest firmware for 7600s is 3.4.2:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.2 build160226 Multi-lingual/&file=NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.2_160226.zip

Only update if your recorder is WR of course. If it's CH-region, don't.

However, I don't feel that's going to do anything to help your problem, but it never hurts to try.

Check the stream settings in the NVR itself. Also make sure to check both the substream and the mainstream, as by default iVMS mobile is going to pull in the substream (balanced/fluent) and not the mainstream (clear).

Set all of your cameras back to hi-res as that has nothing to do with it. Power cycle your recorder and cameras for safe measure as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, i havent had much time last days but as i looked at the app this morning and the morning before the cam shows in clear! But at afternoons i got the same error (8200).
I updated the nvr but nothing changed :/. I put all cams back to hi-res as you said. I dont know what i could do next. In all views (live view over internet explorer/firefox, with ivms 4200 and ivms 4500) I got this error. It's like the cam shows in clear, when it switched to night mode. I will check this this evening.

I also checked the stream settings on the nvr coreyX64, and that was a little bit strange. The nvr shows 3 streams (main/sub/2. stream), as the cam shows only 2 streams (main/sub). Dont know why... loaded up some pics
I also tried to connect the cam via onvif, but got the same error when i tried to open mainstream. Any ideas?

cam main.pngcam sub.pngrek 1.pngrek 2.pngrek 3.png

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try factory resetting the NVR. Since you're able to view the cameras directly just fine, a factory reset on the recorder itself is the next logical move.

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
its really surprising. Yesterday evening i wasnt able to show the clear view on the cam. But at this morning it shows clear view directly with no problems. A few hours later it wasnt working again :(
I will factory reset recorder and re-program it... :sad2:

edit:

so i did factory reset and just add this cam. I was not able to show clear view, so it has to be the cam what makes the problem -.-

can i load factory reset on cam without losing multilanguage? its chinese so i cant upgrade.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I really can't explain that. But a factory reset is the only way to rule out a corrupted Config. Not the most fun experience in the world to reprogram everything (camera settings are retained within the cameras themselves, those will not need reprogrammed) but will be worth it if it takes care of everything

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for helping me. Factory Reste on the nvr didn't work, so I will try out the Factory reset on the cam tomorrow. Will it be multilanguage or will a factory reset set the cam back to original chinese?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It will not affect the language. It will only reset the configuration. I've reset a couple of my 3145s (Chinese) with no language issues to speak of.

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
I played a little bit and actually i got it as it has to be. What I did is -> I deleted the cam in the NVR settings. Now I factory reset the cam. Before i reprogram the cam in the nvr i configure it as mainstream: H.264 - 4MP - higher quality (not maximum) - 15fps, and substream: H.264 - 4CIF - maximum quality - 15fps
Then I add a new user in the cam without any rights but live view.
I switched to NVR settings and add the cam with the new user. It automatically takes over all settings from the cam and actually it works as it should on ALL devices. So i hope it will stay like this ^^
I will report ;) THanks for helping Corey

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It didn't work using the Admin user? That should trump any and all permission issues by using that login. In any case, glad you figured it out and always glad to help!

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
I just uses the new user to make sure the nvr cannot change any settings on the cam. however when I see that this configuration works I will try to use admin user. but atm I have no more pleasure :p

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just be aware that the image settings that you see in the NVR are pulling from the camera. Those aren't a separate Config. When you change those, those changes are actually being performed on the camera.

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
thats why I added a new user without rights. I had the problem before at a costumer that the nvr changes the motion detection settings from the cam all time, cause it absoloutly wants it ^^. So i had to add a new user without any rights so the nvr had no chance to change any settings in the cam. I have made it a habit to do this all time from this on. (omg my english :´D)
I hope it was explain understandable. Cause now when i try to change image settings in the nvr it says "wronge parameters" and nothing changes. Thats what i want. All settings in the cam have to be inviolable ;)

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see what you're trying to accomplish but I don't understand why. The NVR doesn't proactively change these settings behind the scene. Only when you as an administrator make said changes. To be honest I have never heard of a problem like this before even with everything using the admin login. I really wish I could understand why that was the case. I have a few exact setups like yours (3145s coupled with 7608-E2s) and everything uses admin and works great.

At any rate, you were able to fix your problem and found a reliable solution. Well done.

PS. Your English is fine. I understand it without any issues. Try calling for tech support from any major computer manufacturer. You'll likely get someone from India. Want to know what poor English sounds like? That's the easiest way to find out. I'm a pro at understanding it though. I'm used to dealing with them.

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
I will starting to cry out. I got the error at midday again. So i didnt found a durable soloution :(
Today the other 3145 arrived, but this time with V5.3.8 instead of 5.3.3. I installed it quickly and it works as it should (with admin account ;) :p ). i guess its maybe a firmware issue. Do you have any 3145 with exactly the 5.3.3 in work?
and the next question: is there an opportunity to upgrade the "faulty" cam to 5.3.8, or newer if possible, and get multilanguage or just english...

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All of them are 5.3.3 that I have and work fine. Newer ones are patched to 5.3.8. Good luck getting an upgrade file for the 5.3.3 cameras. You can ask your seller to see if they'll cough one up but just expect an overwhelming rejection or some lame excuse saying the distributor has it, not us.

I know you're German but have you tried leaving everything in English? NVR camera etc. I know that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but that's about the only thing different about yours over mine. I'll get you some screenshots shortly with my settings and you can compare. I'm on iPhone and not home at the moment.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 8200 error is caused by the router not the NVR so resetting your router will have little to know effect.

The worst are the router used by Virgin Media and Sky TV there are crap and need rebooting none stop.

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, got the same error now on the new cam. I really dont know what i can do yet....
Dont think its a router problem. i have a fritzbox 7490 and whether via wifi or 3G/LTE, i get the same result. So I factory reset the nvr and the cams, it worked for a while and then i get the error. After a while it works fine again and a few hours later i get the same error again. whether with laptop, ipad or iphone. So its very sporadically. Most time it doesnt work but i just dont know what to do yet.
Ironically i can view the recorded files always in clear!

Well, what i didnt say yet is, that i cant live view the cam at all, when i go directly to its own ip-adress. So when i go directly on the cam via firefox or internet explorer it always says "live view failed". thats on both cams. in the settings (privacy masking for example) it doesnt shows a live view, too.

edit: with "onvif device manager" or vlc via the rtsp stream i get the clear view. Just wanted to tell, even if it has nothing to do with.