IVMS-4500, warnings from both Microsoft (IE in win10) and Norton

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have used Norton for 30 years and it has been better and better and now I trust it. I also use it on my mobil and it warn me almost every day with the follow (translated from Norwegian):

App-Security: App Advisor. Unusual behavior found> Privacy risk: This app can expose your personal information to risk (and second warning same page): Unusual behavior, Behavior such as auto-installation or auto-updating is risky.

I have stopped the auto-updating - also to minimize data comsumption, but must update now and then.
Have anyone more information about this very often used app and the security problem with it?

On computers/laptops Hikvision have an app IVMS-4200 which may be work quite simular. Both used to view camera view. When I have been logged in for some time on my laptop in the camera view the IE kick me out for security reason, but no reason in detalj can be found. I enclose a picture of the norwegian version and here is an English translation:

IE has closed this webpage in order to protect the computer. A damaged or harmful add-on has led to Internet Explorer closing this site.

Then I only reconnect with no problem, but together with the IVMS-4500 warnings I now hope for help in this forum. What is the risk and how can I avoid it?

As everyone might know, the Hikvision products come from China.

feil.jpg

TerraJones

n3wb
Reaction score
I am only familiar with the Microsoft Office system. My work consists of creating and developing various projects.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only reason it would flag it is because part of their algorithm is based on number of users and these types of programs just don't hit the critical number of users for some of these programs.

If you write a little batch script routine it will flag that as well - why - because you are the only user of it so it is flagged as not having enough users.