IVMS will not work on mac computer???

avtech

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an imac 27 inch with OSX el Capitan and cannot get it working with the mac version IVMS 4200.
is there a trick to this or any other programme that will work with mac.
My mac is a 2014 model with with intel core i5/3.2 GHZ/16GB mem/1TB hdd.
Any help is appreciated.
My camera system is a hikvision 16 channel NVR 7616 8 3mp cameras poe all running well and all works well with windows but need to get it working on mac.
Thank you

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Works on mine fine. I haven't upgraded to the latest version yet and I doubt Hikvision have either!

Ion Barker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was using the LTS version NVMS7000 on my 2015 iMac 10.10 Yosemite last night. Can't say if el Captain is the problem or not. I was able to download the program and install without any tricks.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I really should back up my Mac and install El Capitan from fresh. Just not enough time in the day!

avtech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies but the problem still persists.
Installed from fresh the ivms for mac from the hikvision web and it loads the cameras on the left side in
main view and sort of freezes and will not display any images in the main view.Seems like something is stopping or interfering with the programme.
any ideas? I have tried dragging it to the main screen but just says live view but no image is displayed.
Thank you

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What iVMS version are you using? There's a few floating around. Just because it's on a "hikvision" website doesn't mean it's the right one. Just because it's the latest release doesn't mean it's the right one. I think this should become Hikvision's new slogan.

avtech

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using ivms 4200 for mac.
Is there another version that i can try.
Thanks