IVS and Smart Codec not working together

Olivier_V

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Will there be a update to get "IVS" and "SMART CODEC" working together ?

I've tried a Dahua IPC-HDBW4831E-ASE which IVS works very fine (better than similar Hikvision) but without IVS it's not possible to use with SD card and continuous recording. So I would buy Dahua if this bug would be solved ... but not with this problem

I've tried your latest firmware (LOGO DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523.bin) with my Dahua IPC-HDBW4831E-ASE camera, but same problem.

So, an update of this point would be welcome.
Do you have information about this bug and a solution ???

Thank you.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried a Dahua IPC-HDBW4831E-ASE which IVS works very fine (better than similar Hikvision) but without IVS it's not possible to use with SD card and continuous recording. So I would buy Dahua if this bug would be solved ... but not with this problem

I've tried your latest firmware (LOGO DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523.bin) with my Dahua IPC-HDBW4831E-ASE camera, but same problem.

Thank you.
Hi @Olivier_V

FYI - it is not a bug - but a resource allocation issue. Remember every task takes processing power - and while these cameras have a significant amount of that, a 8MP camera has 4x the pixels to process compare to a 2MP camera, and then there's the IVS features which also require processing power. This is why you see you can not have the camera do all sorts of calculations at full frame rates, at full resolution, at full compression, at ...

If you need a camera with more power consider the 8xxx models or the 12MP models and run them at lower resolution than 12MP to free up processing power.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you.
The same applies to hikvision cameras as explained. Dahua doesn't care if you buy a camera from them they don't want amateurs like you customers.
Use ivs and SD card. You don't need smart codec.

Olivier_V

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I understand now.

But in my Hikvision Camera "Intrusion detection" and "Line Crossing Detections" works with H.265+ enable.
Other Smart Event doesn't work but I don't use them.

With Dahua and full 8PM resolution without Smart Codec, the SD Card is quickly full...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I understand now.

But in my Hikvision Camera "Intrusion detection" and "Line Crossing Detections" works with H.265+ enable.
Other Smart Event doesn't work but I don't use them.
Hi @Olivier_V

Depends on the particular model - some Hikvision OEM products do not have any smart events.

Olivier_V

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.

What dome Dahua model are 8xxx series ? Or Dome 12 mp ?
I tried on dahua site but didn't find anything (as 8xxx isn't a reference on the web site).
There are so many things on Dahua site ...

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wasn't it so that when you enable smart codec, the ivs functions get disabled on Dahua cams?

Olivier_V

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes on Dahua the ivs function gets disabled when I enable smart codec.
On Hikivision, some ivs functions works (intrusion detection and line crossing) with smart codec enabled.