IVS barely functioning

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got a new setup. At the moment I only have 2 cameras and I've set them up inside to familiarize myself with them til my cat5 shows up so I can install them permanently.
I have the N52B2P2 NVR with a N45EM63 4MP night color and a N42BJ62 4MP. The N42BJ62 is IVS enabled, and aside from the image quality being much lower than the far less expensive N42BJ62 I can barely get the trip wire and intrusion features to function.
They'll go off one out of every 30 or 40 times the line or box are interrupted.
I've been tinkering with the settings for over 4 hours now and I'm just lost as to why it sucks so badly.
Ive used the dahua wiki, tried it on mobile, Windows, and the web app. Nothing really seems to make it any better.
Has anyone had this issue or know how to go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screen shots of your IVS rules will help to see what is going on.

It could be a variety of things that we can start to troubleshoot just with some screenshots.

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screen shots of your IVS rules will help to see what is going on.

It could be a variety of things that we can start to troubleshoot just with some screenshots.
Gotchya. I'll grab some screenshots tomorrow when I get off work.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best to set the cams up directly in the cameras setup GUI.
You can access the cam from the NVR gui in the camera add screen.

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Best to set the cams up directly in the cameras setup GUI.
You can access the cam from the NVR gui in the camera add screen.
I did set them up in the NVR UI but I have no way of screenshotting that short of taking pictures lol

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not in the NVR GUI, directly in the camera's setup, there is a difference.
Log into the NVR from a web browser, either IE or Chrome with the IE tab extension installed.
Navigate to the camera setup screen, when you get there, look for the blue E IE symbol next to the camera you want, click on that and it will open the camera its self into the browser.

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, that is an interesting hurdle. Loaded in edge, as well as in IE Tab extension (IE11 forced)... its not blue and clicking the icon does nothing. Ideas as to what is going wrong there?
I rebooted the system and tried again. Same result.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to use IE to log into the NVR GUI. Then you need to get to the camera GUI.

Go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted. From there you can set the camera parameters.

1611926899349.png

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IE1.png

I'm relatively certain I'm in the right spot. Tried in both MS edge and Chrome with IE tab plug in, but the IE icon is not blue. Is there some setting that will enable me to click through to the camera GUI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For some units Edge or Chrome do not work even with the IE tab plugin...so use Explorer to log into the NVR GUI and then you can get to the camera GUI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Explorer is baked into Windows 10 as a hidden feature. Simply go to the search bar bottom left and type in Explorer and it will open up.

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Explorer is baked into Windows 10 as a hidden feature. Simply go to the search bar bottom left and type in Explorer and it will open up.
Well then... TIL. I suppose I am becoming quite the peepaw :)
Unfortunately even in actual IE, no dice. My luck is just wonderful.

Any ideas why the camera wont cooperate?

IE2.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So at least you see the e now - I take it because it is grey it means you cannot select it?

@bigredfish - you are the NVR master - any ideas?

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So at least you see the e now - I take it because it is grey it means you cannot select it?

@bigredfish - you are the NVR master - any ideas?
The E has been there in every browser, it has been grey, however. And it still is yes. The cursor appears to see it as a clickable link but there is no activity when clicked.
Im going to try and see about resetting the camera, I guess. The IP address is supposed to be 192.168.1.108 by default, but the NVR sees it as 10.1.1.66.
The dahua online manua indicates I can plug the IP into IE and access it that way but it will not connect with either IP used.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The E has been there in every browser, it has been grey, however. And it still is yes. The cursor appears to see it as a clickable link but there is no activity when clicked.
Im going to try and see about resetting the camera, I guess. The IP address is supposed to be 192.168.1.108 by default, but the NVR sees it as 10.1.1.66.
The dahua online manua indicates I can plug the IP into IE and access it that way but it will not connect with either IP used.
The NVR will automatically assign it the 10. IP address.

Maybe factory reset it all and try to set it up as @bigredfish guide here and see if that gets it going.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
when you plug it into an NVR with internal PoE ports it will, correctly, assign it a 10.1.1.x address. That seems to be working as it should

Let me research the gray IE button.

Did you change any ports under Network or Switch on the NVR?

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
when you plug it into an NVR with internal PoE ports it will, correctly, assign it a 10.1.1.x address. That seems to be working as it should

Let me research the gray IE button.

Did you change any ports under Network or Switch on the NVR?
I dont think so, but it is entirely possible that I messed with the ports. I was kind of assuming this would be a bit more user friendly when I dove into it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will get there...these are professional grade units and not consumer plug-n-play like you can purchase at a Costco...but the quality in terms of usable video will be superior. There is a trade-off that the consumer grade products provide for their service and that is video quality.

In that case, I think my suggestion of resetting it all and following the @bigredfish guide will ensure that it works properly!

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will get there...these are professional grade units and not consumer plug-n-play like you can purchase at a Costco...but the quality in terms of usable video will be superior. There is a trade-off that the consumer grade products provide for their service and that is video quality.

In that case, I think my suggestion of resetting it all and following the @bigredfish guide will ensure that it works properly!
Totally understood. I set up a couple of systems for family and just didnt expect the learning curve to be quite this steep. I'm about to do the setup after reset now.
Also, thank you folks for all the help so far!