IVS Setup Issues

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been fighting this for about a week now, read all through the wiki and threads here and I'm stumped.
I have (purchased from @EMPIRETECANDY thank you!!):
5216P4k NVR @v3.215.0000000.0, Build Date: 2017-08-14
2-5231R-Z @ v2.460.0000000.16.R, Build Date: 2017-09-04

Motion detection works correctly, smart plan is off, and I have both Tripwire (both directions) and Intrusion (enter & exit) areas drawn while logged into the camera with default settings. When I'm logged into the camera, I don't ever see any of the rules trip/flash (even if I do the hokey pokey, sorry, not uploading that video). I do not have SD cards installed, but that will happen this weekend.

When I log into the NVR and refresh the Events, the IVS rules show. All events are set to record, the storage schedule on the NVR has everything on but Alarm & MD&Alarm and ANR is turned off. No IVS events show on NVR playback (motion detection does).

I'm at a loss and any help would be appreciated.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same issue as you describe on a NVR I was installing and the fix for me was to flash the firmware on the camera from PAL to NTSC. I've since flashed the cameras back to PAL firmware and the IVS still works. Not sure why this fixed the problem but it fixed 3 cameras all showing the same issues you are, so I'm glad it's not just me having this and hope it fixes it for you!

Like you I was also pulling my hair out to fix it as everything in the settings were set correctly!!
Now if only I can get gDMSS plus to push notifications to phones..... :smash: nothing I try will get this to work!!

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same issue as you describe on a NVR I was installing and the fix for me was to flash the firmware on the camera from PAL to NTSC. <snip>
Was it the camera or NVR firmware that you flashed? Where did you find the NTSC firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been fighting this for about a week now, read all through the wiki and threads here and I'm stumped.
I have (purchased from @EMPIRETECANDY thank you!!):
5216P4k NVR @v3.215.0000000.0, Build Date: 2017-08-14
2-5231R-Z @ v2.460.0000000.16.R, Build Date: 2017-09-04

Motion detection works correctly, smart plan is off, and I have both Tripwire (both directions) and Intrusion (enter & exit) areas drawn while logged into the camera with default settings. When I'm logged into the camera, I don't ever see any of the rules trip/flash (even if I do the hokey pokey, sorry, not uploading that video). I do not have SD cards installed, but that will happen this weekend.

When I log into the NVR and refresh the Events, the IVS rules show. All events are set to record, the storage schedule on the NVR has everything on but Alarm & MD&Alarm and ANR is turned off. No IVS events show on NVR playback (motion detection does).

I'm at a loss and any help would be appreciated.
You must first setup a Smartplan. It has to be on.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm assuming he has everything setup as I did with one of mine and nothing worked on these 3 cameras yet another worked fine. It was only when I did a like for like check on every setting both on camera and NVR when I noticed the only difference was PAL vs NTSC. Flashed to NTSC and all three worked! I never tried a factory reset of the cameras as that also could of fixed the issue. As during flash is the camera doing a hard rest?

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ahh!! I thought I read it had to be off. Maybe I was reading outdated info. Does Motion Detect work with Smartplan turned on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blanch007

n3wb
Reaction score
He states that smartplan is off, is why I mentioned it must be on.
Is there a way to "hide" the tripwire while in camera view while smart plan is activated? It is annoying to see those blue lines on the camera display!

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a way to "hide" the tripwire while in camera view while smart plan is activated? It is annoying to see those blue lines on the camera display!
From within the live view of the camera move to the icons in the bottom left and corner and select the icon shown below then choose enable or disable.

upload_2017-10-25_8-1-0.png

Or from within SmartPSS, right click on a camera feed and select IVS Rule and remove the tick

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And for the hdmi out of nvr you can disable nvr in display settings. Unfortunately for SmartPSS and WebViewer the IVS Rules are only disabled for the same session.