IVS tripwire and target size

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guys - I've configured tripwire in the first image and target size in the 2nd image. Can somebody validate if the setting looks ok - I'm trying to expand this config to all cameras and wanted to hear from you folks if all looks ok. Tripwire rules have worked good so far; do I need Intrusion rules? Also, my boxes for target size are high vertically because I'm only trying to avoid alerts for racoons & cats and they are never that tall. Over the last 24 hours, this camera has detected humans but no stray cats & racoons. Anything else I should consider adding or changing before I expand to all 6 cameras? Rule 1 & 2 both have same target size. The max size is configured to encompass the largest possible person the camera would see

Thx

Attachments

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would make the maximum size a little smaller..bigger than the size of a larger taller person approaching close to the camera. People's size varies depending on their distance from the camera. Also you might need to adjust the WDR so heavy shadows are washed out. I had the dang shadows from clouds passing overhead tripping my alarm til I fixed it. Take the time to test out by walking across the area at varying distances & day/night to see if it works. Chase the cat across it :). Might need to adjust for each camera...objects sre smaller the more distant they are.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
silly me - I didn't account for the size difference that's dependent on distance. thanks!

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Attached revision and made the small even smaller as well to ensure I see a child entering the front yard from the curb immediately. I'll continue monitoring if it sees any cats/racoons. I made the big box smaller too. The dimensions of the left side of the green patch that you see in the pic are roughly 18x24

Attachments

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are the target sizes different based on what direction the Tripwire rule is set up (left-right vs up-down). When i draw similar sized boxes, the pixels listed are very different

thx

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't I make the minimum size laser thin so it catches my kids better (right now it's not catching them fast enough compared to adults). Laser thin because no cats or racoons are going to be tall enough as a 3.5ft child. Thanks

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
are the target sizes different based on what direction the Tripwire rule is set up (left-right vs up-down). When i draw similar sized boxes, the pixels listed are very different

thx
That I'm not sure of. A lot of it is practice..checking the event log for the tripwire, seeing what tripped the alarm and if it's a cat adjust accordingly. You can walk at varying distances and approach the front, and see how it works. I found that the ratio of the length of the object (to the tripwire length) walking thru the tripwire matters sometimes, but been so long I forgot. I use vertical lines a lot. Sometimes i had to increase or decrease the length of the line to get it to work right.