IVS Tripwire - help

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to make appropriate rules to catch intruders on several angles, however, some rules work half the time, other don't even catch movement.

All rules have:
"target filter" "human"
"min size" - not set (0) (I've tried setting min size to a small square but no luck..)
"max size" - the whole frame 8191*8191 (tried reducing it, still no luck)
"Direction" - "A<->B"

The idea is to catch any intruders approaching the 3 locations - open space on the left, approaching the camera directly and approaching the entrance from any angle.

Here is attached image with the rules (and a clean image w/o anything).

Hopefully someone can help..

Regards,
D

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us have found that intrusion boxes with crosses and enters works best. Occasionally we need to do trip wires, but try intrusion.

Are you running the camera on auto/default settings? The picture looks washed out, which can mean that the camera is having trouble differentiating movement. There needs to be some contrast to help the camera out.

Which model is this and does it have AI built in and you selected human?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you try intrusion boxes be sure to leave some space between the boxes and the edges of the frame so the camera can "see" objects enter and/or exit.

With trip wires less can be more. Again, the camera needs to be able to see something cross the trip wire.

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay so the Backlight is set to SSA not WDR.
Does this affect IVS performance ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any backlight can affect it. The image is too washed out.

First try to balance the image with brightness, contrast, gamma, and then only introduce WDR and at a low value if needed.

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does color overlay affect IVS in any way? There are several white columns in front of the camera, I'm covering them in black.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^Would have to see the image to know for sure, but especially at night, columns in the field of view close to the camera can have an effect on the overall balance of the image and could make the further out parts darker than they should, which would impact IVS.

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do min/max size have any positive effect on "target filter: human" ? I've set some values, which makes the camera recognize a walking raven as human :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do min/max size have any positive effect on "target filter: human" ? I've set some values, which makes the camera recognize a walking raven as human :)
Yes it does; you should first try it with a min size of 0,0 first and then only put in values if you are getting false triggers (like a dog triggering as a human) and set a min size just larger than the dog.

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What about the max size? Is it okay to leave it as default (8191 * 8191), or should it be adjusted to something a bit larger than an average person as displayed on the camera's image?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In most instances you want to keep the max size as the full screen. What the max size does is says if anything is larger than that, it will not trigger. So if someone got under the camera and popped there face in the view to disable the camera and you had the max size as a smaller number, it won't trigger.

Usually the max size is used if you get a lot of headlight glare that turns the whole screen white for second and you are trying to knock out those false triggers, but with AI and IVS, that shouldn't happen.

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I improved the detection during the day a little, but it still struggles during the night.
Also, any ideas why IVS rules/detection show only some times in SmartPSS ? Anyone got success in making them appear every time ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
do you mean actually seeing the lines or displaying the recorded events?

I know sometimes SmartPSS won’t actually show the rule lines until I double click and expand a camera window.
Of course this doesn’t affect the actual recording or activation of a rule.

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do you mean actually seeing the lines or displaying the recorded events?

I know sometimes SmartPSS won’t actually show the rule lines until I double click and expand a camera window.
Of course this doesn’t affect the actual recording or activation of a rule.
I'm talking about the rule(s) lines. They don't show up 99.999% of the time, even on expanded window.
Is this a bug or something that's just always been like that? Is there any other way (or other software) to display the feed including the rules (other than watching it directly on the camera)?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
hmm... I use two or 3 different versions of SmartPSS and they always show on an expanded window, and once the do, they show on the minimized window

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm talking about the rule(s) lines. They don't show up 99.999% of the time, even on expanded window.
Is this a bug or something that's just always been like that? Is there any other way (or other software) to display the feed including the rules (other than watching it directly on the camera)?
If you are using Hard Decoding IVS rules will not show up. Also make sure Show IVS Rule is checked

1634923493341.png

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any tricks on how to improve the night-time performance? I'm barely getting any IVS detection.

The cameras are:
Device Type IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV-0280B
System Version V2.820.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2021-07-05

What's the correct installation height for these?

Tried adding an external LED floodlight (20W) above the camera, that didn't help much.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We need to see your field of view - both day and night pics and your nighttime settings.

This issue is usually setting dependent.