IVS - Tripwire setup and save to sd card?

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I have been trying to setup a tripwire on a IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS and record when it's triggered to a local sd card.

I have setup the recording schedule for "alarm" because I red that tripwires will trigger alarm. It's scheduled for 24/7. So that should be good. There are no recordings when the tripwire is passed. I do also not see, in live view, that the tripwire is triggered.

Do I miss something here or is it just not possible to record this to a local sd card?

Attachments

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
marigo,

I think you found root cause:
I do also not see, in live view, that the tripwire is triggered.
If you see the "object" identified with a green box, and
you see 50% or more of the green box cross the blue tripwire line, and
you don't see the blue line switch to a red line when crossed by the object, then
you didn't have a "tripwire event".

Without and event to record, the other settings aren't called into play. (schedule, storage path, "Alarm" enabled, etc)

My suggestion: experiment with moving the tripwire. Experiment with the "Max" and "min" size of the target.

Having IVS a) identify objects, b) having objects cross the tripwire by 50% or more, and c) getting the blue tripwire(s) to flash red is critical. And possibly the first step....

Fastb

Note: The tripwire set on the railing might require the identified object to leap over the railing? Are you trying to catch jumpers? :wow:

Last edited:

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If objects are moving around on the balcony then the green box is around them. So that should be good. :)
I think you are right; I have to play with the tripwires to see it's get triggerd and max en min sizes of the target.

The railing is only 10 feet above the ground. If someone managed to climb over the railing I wanted to catch this on tape. :) (euhm, microsd card)

EDIT: The tripwires are triggered now as I can see in "live view" and a snapshot is e-mailed.
However, there is no recording to the local sdcard. I had only "alarm" as scheduled time, so I turned also "general and motion" on. See if that will do the trick.

EDIT2: I don't need "general" recording. This will record continuously.

Attachments

Last edited:

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still no video is recorded when an object trigger the tripwire. Am I missing something here?
though a snapshot is e-mailed.

Edit: After 24h I see that the tripwires have been triggered and video's are recorded as "motion" (yellow) in the videobar. Look likes it's working. :)

Last edited: