Jimmy Johns Robbery - Kansas City 4/26/17

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure most have seen this on the local news, but for those that haven't.

Looks like he left some nice fingerprints in a few places that the cops will be able to run when they see the video and know exactly where to dust :)

I wonder how many stores have tills that are wired to trip a silent alarm if part of it is emptied completely (they do exist) or how many places instruct people to follow a slightly different procedure on the pos that trips an alarm. Not that it does a lot of good if they're in and out this fast. A lot of stores to have hold up buttons, but employees often get no training on them.

Pretty good footage compared to a lot of what you see.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man that sent chills up my spine when he moved gun to the kids face.kid was like man not again.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool they caught the guy.:)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
The kid has nerves of steal for sure, but their is also a good chance he knows guns and quickly realized the robber obviously does not. When he goes to chamber a round you'll see he struggles multiple times. Then once he finally thinks he chambered a round he actually jammed the gun - you'll see in the video the slide is in a not ready position with a bullet jammed sideways in the chamber. While this is all happening so quickly it's hard to tell what the kid was thinking but regardless few would handle themselves as well as he did.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The kid has nerves of steal for sure, but their is also a good chance he knows guns and quickly realized the robber obviously does not. When he goes to chamber a round you'll see he struggles multiple times. Then once he finally thinks he chambered a round he actually jammed the gun - you'll see in the video the slide is in a not ready position with a bullet jammed sideways in the chamber. While this is all happening so quickly it's hard to tell what the kid was thinking but regardless few would handle themselves as well as he did.
Or maybe he knew the guy:p

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Stupid fucking criminals.....Watch closely

At 0:34 he begins to rack the slide on the gun (hint watch the end of the gun - its all black, ie. the slide is fully forward), he breaks a cardinal rule to NOT ride the slide forward, because usually this will result in a misfeed, with the round being stuck between the slide and the chamber. At 0:38 you see the end of the barrel, about 1" of the stainless barrel exposed.....because the gun never went into battery, it wouldn't have gone bang no matter how hard he pulled the trigger.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL he new his fucked up thats why afterwords he put it below near his pants he was hiding his stupid and didn't have the time to rerack it. IDIOT

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stupid fucking criminals.....Watch closely

At 0:34 he begins to rack the slide on the gun (hint watch the end of the gun - its all black, ie. the slide is fully forward), he breaks a cardinal rule to NOT ride the slide forward, because usually this will result in a misfeed, with the round being stuck between the slide and the chamber. At 0:38 you see the end of the barrel, about 1" of the stainless barrel exposed.....because the gun never went into battery, it wouldn't have gone bang no matter how hard he pulled the trigger.
I think it was a double feed. His hand kept the bullet already in the chamber from ejecting. Thankfully the dude had no training. Finger on the trigger the whole damn time. Even if the guy recognized the non-functioning gun and gave the robber a hard time he probably had no clue how to clear it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Quite possible, hard to see inside that chamber. You can see the round angled up to your point. I've seen it in classes both ways. Either way, Dont ride the slide!

Lol, good thing criminals are stupid.

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would have grabbed the gun.... probably wouldn't have seen the jammed cartridge but the exposed barrel is a dead give away.

He must not have watched many crime shows where the criminals actually try to cover and disguise.

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think it was a double feed. His hand kept the bullet already in the chamber from ejecting. Thankfully the dude had no training. Finger on the trigger the whole damn time. Even if the guy recognized the non-functioning gun and gave the robber a hard time he probably had no clue how to clear it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
That's what it looks like to me. He had a pretty decent double feed going there. As well as I know firearms, I doubt in that situation you are too concerned with a double feed and more so about getting that gun out of your face over a couple hundred bucks,