JSON API Requests

danodemano

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

Trying to integrate BlueIris with my HomeAssistant instance. Really just setting profiles based on home or not is all I want to do.

So I found this: GitHub - magapp/blueiriscmd: Python cmd tool that talk with Blue Iris Camera surveillance software

However it doesn't work at all, even after converting to python3 I still get errors about invalid logins.

So I figured I would try to use curl and manually hit the interface, using the documentation here: JSON interface

But that also doesn't work. There are no actual examples, and the closest I can get is:

{"result":"fail","session":"xxxx","data":{"reason":"missing response"}}

So I guess my question is, how does one actually use the JSON API? And is there some useful documentation somewhere?

Thanks!

Dan

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@danodemano The documentation URL you referenced may be old docs.

I assume you have a recent version of Blue Iris v4.x.

On your Blue Iris server, yo should look at the help included with your BlueIris app. See screenshot below.

The curl or HTTP GET that you should execute from your home automation to change a BlueIris profile should be:

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.04.37 PM.png

danodemano

n3wb
Reaction score
I assume you have a recent version of Blue Iris v4.x.
Yes, 4.6.1.2

On your Blue Iris server, yo should look at the help included with your BlueIris app. See screenshot below.
Been there, but that still doesn't show HOW I'm actually supposed to hit the web service.

The curl or HTTP GET that you should execute from your home automation to change a BlueIris profile should be:
Should be what? Said example still doesn't give authentication parameters. And hitting that url with curl returns nothing.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@danodemano

I just did a quick test. It works on my side. See screenshot #1 below where I switched to profile 2. 192.168.11.211 port 81 is my BlueIris server:
http_get.png
In my case, I have "Secure Only" enabled, but if curl/HTTP GET was coming from 192.168.11.215 (my Vera) or 192.168.11.17 (my Mac), no authentication is required. See screenshot #2 below:

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 7.40.59 PM.png

danodemano

n3wb
Reaction score
@actran - that's perfect, thanks! I added the IP address of my HomeAssistant box then was able to use curl to hit against it and change the profile. Thanks so much!!